Previous in Forum: Why is Laser Light Different?   Next in Forum: Reflecting Infared Energy - Curved or Angled Surface
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Participant

Joystick to USB Connection

02/20/2009 5:18 AM

I have a joystick microsoft sidewinder force feedback Pro with D15pin connector How to connect it to USB.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Associate

Good Answers: 1

Re: Joystick to USB Connection

02/20/2009 9:07 AM

You can find the adaptors at sfcable.com for reasonable pricing.

oldgolfer

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 35

02/21/2009 10:16 AM

The Joystick should have come with a USB adapter when you bought it. There might be one in the box somewhere.

If it doesn't you can get one at Best Buy, or Office Depot or Circuit City etc...Maybe even at Walmart.

Once you get one, you just plug it into your USB port and install the drivers from you disc that should have came with the controller as well.

If some one gave it to you used, then go see them and see of you can get those things from them.

In reply to #2

02/22/2009 4:13 PM

Thanks Janissaries

I got one from TVPS.com but it is not working with the

Microsoft Side Winder Force Feedback Pro . It works with old comp. that has 15 pin connector . Inside the socket I see 9 pins -the USB has 4 wires .

This one has vibrations and sens of forthes when turning .

I think it is not a simple adaptor.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 35
In reply to #3

02/23/2009 10:12 AM

You might have some luck contacting Microsoft's technical support. You might also find some information for it through the Microsoft website.

In reply to #2

02/23/2009 10:20 AM

We are ALL subject to falling-behind at some point.... ain't nobody can know everything all at the same time, 'cept the Lord Himself .

If you'd-a googled the joystick in question, you'd-a found out that not only has it been discontinued (i.e., replaced by "better-faster" models)... and that it came-out when the "Game Port" was still the standard connection-interface for them thar things ... (not USB) ... but you'd-a probably ALSO seen (at the TOP of the google hit-list) a link to Amazon.com availability of the item, ALONG WITH the most popular USB adapter-cable for same {<click link}... "sold separately"...

wiki and google ... never respond without referencing FIRST...

Happy Gaming ygal ~ !

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Janissaries (2); oldgolfer (1); ygal49 (1)

Previous in Forum: Why is Laser Light Different?   Next in Forum: Reflecting Infared Energy - Curved or Angled Surface
You might be interested in: USB Connectors, USB Products, Connector Plates

Advertisement