Previous in Forum: The Browsers Go Head to Head   Next in Forum: Modification in Windows Register
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Anonymous Poster

Feed and Speed Calculation

11/12/2006 7:49 AM

Does anybody knows a Program that calculate Feeds / Speed based on a Material - Database? I wand to eleminate to search in Papers and Books from the Tool -manufacturer ?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Commentator

Location: Rush CO 38*50'48.12"N 104*05'50.9"W 6032ft elv. the "high plains" of eastern Colorado

Re: Feed and Speed Calculation

11/13/2006 11:57 AM

program? are you computer addicted? the Machinery's Handook has all anyone needs about feeds & speeds and materials. Read a littlebit. Test tomorrow

Anonymous Poster

11/13/2006 12:19 PM

Kenametal use to give out slide rule calculators for speed and feed. I am sure they are still available. I have wore out more than one over the years.

Anonymous Poster

11/13/2006 2:28 PM

Check out Michael Rainey's web site:

http://mrainey.freeservers.com/ ME Consultant 2.x

I have the free version -- it is a quick check for general machining operations. For more detailed information on specific materials or procedures the Machinery Handbook is definitive.

In reply to #3

11/14/2006 2:04 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to say that the free version of ME Consultant isn't available at my website any longer. The commercial version, ME Consultant Professional, goes far beyond being "just" a powerful machining calculator. It uses the machining calculations to create an interactive, detailed cost analysis of your complete, multi-tool machining job. There are lots of other tools included in MEPro to help with your planning. Very easy to use, a few mouse clicks get most of it done.

Michael Rainey

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); mrainey (1); shart4legged (1)

Previous in Forum: The Browsers Go Head to Head   Next in Forum: Modification in Windows Register

Advertisement