Previous in Forum: Two-Phase Ejector Engine   Next in Forum: Wind Turbines
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

Vibration Arrestors

06/16/2009 9:02 AM

HOW TO DESIGN VIBRATION DAMPER FOR 800kV TRANSMISSION LINE WITH FOUR CONDUCTORS ?

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: DAMPER
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 819

Re: Vibration Arrestors

06/17/2009 4:00 AM

Step 1: turn off Caps Lock.

Good Answers: 1

Re: Vibration Arrestors

06/22/2009 9:39 AM

Are you looking for vibration damper or insulator for 800 KV? How much vibration does it create? I am trying to understand the specifics. If you are looking for electrical insulation and vibration damping, I would recommend reinforced EPDM rubber (non-black with 25% blend with SBR) about 0.75 inch in thickness and that should serve for both - Vibration damping and Electrical insulation ---- Measure damping factor by DMA (Dynamic Mechanical Analysis) and Dielectric Strength --resistance ---Volts per Mil.

Also, First you must know how much vibration does it create? It depends upon many factors such as wiring jackets, voltage, type of wire/conductors etc;-------So You need to find and come up with a number for damping co-efficient before you proceed further--

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Two-Phase Ejector Engine   Next in Forum: Wind Turbines

Advertisement