Previous in Forum: Allen Bradley I/O Module   Next in Forum: Connecting a Moving Coil Meter to a 4-20mA Signal
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Participant

Measuring Ionic Energy

06/26/2009 3:24 PM

I am looking for some how measure the output of negative ionic energy emitted for a hair blow dryer.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

Re: Measuring Ionic Energy

06/26/2009 8:12 PM

Why negative?

In reply to #1

06/27/2009 7:56 AM

dryers now have small ionic generators to help dry hair. All companies claim superior quality but I would like to test the negative ionic output.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Guru

Good Answers: 49

06/27/2009 12:28 AM

Does a hair dryer put out a significant amount of ions? There may be a few coming off the motor, but I don't think you could class a hair dryer as an ion-generator.

Popular Science - Weaponology - Cardio-7

Good Answers: 10
In reply to #2

06/29/2009 9:58 AM

Vermin, like the two atoms walking down the street, and one says to the other: Oh, dear! I think I lost an electron! The other atoms asks: Are you sure? The 1st atom says: Yes, I'm positive.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Good Answers: 49
In reply to #5

06/29/2009 10:12 PM

GA!

United Kingdom - Member - Not a new member!

Good Answers: 68

06/27/2009 10:14 PM

Hello ramjam914,

I am not sure quite how many 'ions' are produced by a Hair Drier, but here is the search site then, possible useful site answers.

[bhttp://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=measuring+%22ionic%22+energy&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 .

Teachers' Domain: Measuring Bond Energy of an Ionic Compound Lesson Plan: Measuring Bond Energy of an Ionic Compound ... Understand how calorimeters are used to measure energy transfers in endothermic reactions ... www.teachersdomain.org/.../lsps07.sci.phys.matter.lpbondenergy/ - Cached - Similar

A time domain reflectometry set-up for measuring ionic ... A time domain reflectometry set-up for measuring ionic conductivity and permittivity at high ... ionic conductivity the activation energy has been obtained. ... www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0022-3735/21/2/009 - Similar

WikiAnswers - Name the type of energy that is a measure of ... Measure of strength of ionic bonds? What is the type of energy of ionic bond? ... What type of energy is used to measure the strength of ionic bonds? ... wiki.answers.com/.../Name_the_type_of_energy_that_is_a_measure_of_ strength_for_ionic_bond - Cached - Similar

Use of Xenopus Oocytes to Measure Ionic Selectivity of Pore ... Use of Xenopus Oocytes to Measure Ionic Selectivity ..... (1) the number and height of the ion-binding sites, and energy barriers between ... www.springerlink.com/index/j28433w445823234.pdf - Similar

by T Cens - Related articles - All 4 versions Energetic measure for the ionic character of bonds We have proposed to measure the ionic character of a bond by the energy increase , 6Fa1, obtained in. SCF calculations on deletion of unoccupied cation AOs. ... pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja00162a012 - Similar

by H Horn - 1990 - Cited by 21 - Related articles Greenhouses: advanced technology for protected horticulture - Google Books Result by Joe J. Hanan - 1998 - Gardening - 684 pages They do not detect radiant energy above or below the visible wavelengths. Quantum meters for measurement of PAR are constructed to measure the radiation ... books.google.com/books?isbn=0849316987...

Lattice energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The lattice energy of an ionic solid is a measure of the strength of bonds in that ionic compound. It is usually defined as the enthalpy of formation of the ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattice_energy - Cached - Similar

Science Links Japan | Two-dimensional imaging technique for ... Title;Two-dimensional imaging technique for measuring translational energy and angular distribution of ionic photofragments. Author;GEJO T(Inst. Molecular ... sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/.../000020001700A0543933.php - Cached - Similar

by T GEJO - 2000 SwRI IRD 2008--Concept Study for an Advanced Mass and Ionic Charge ... Concept Study for an Advanced Mass and Ionic Charge Composition Experiment ... be the first to measure and explore the uncharted suprathermal energy region. ... www.swri.org/3pubs/ird2008/Synopses/159583.htm - Cached - Similar

Searches related to: measuring "ionic" energy

ionic covalent bonds ionic bond energy ionic compound .

bb

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); babybear (1); Cardio07 (1); JohnDG (1); vermin (2)

Previous in Forum: Allen Bradley I/O Module   Next in Forum: Connecting a Moving Coil Meter to a 4-20mA Signal

Advertisement