Previous in Forum: Photo Challenge: What is This Machinist Doing?   Next in Forum: PWHT of SS
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Anonymous Poster

CNC Lathe - ACRA MT-42

07/09/2009 4:42 PM

HI CR4'ers;

I have a CNC lathe, which after it lost all parameters and programs, had its information restored from a tested working backup. Though everyting looks OK, it's waiting for some bar feeder (which doesn't exist) signals, in order for the program to execute; I wander if there is a set of parameters for disabling this function, and/or during programming I messed with some protected params.

I'm in deep trouble, I'll greatly appreciate your input.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: CNC Lathe - ACRA MT-42

07/09/2009 5:13 PM

Sorry, I forgot to include the NC controller, it is a FANUC OT.

Thanks !

Power-User
Popular Science - Weaponology - Aerospace nut Hobbies - Musician - music enriches the soul United States - Member - Happy to be from the USA Engineering Fields - Acoustical Engineering - Pro Audio Speaker Designer Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - Aerospace ME Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - Airplane nut from aeromodels to 747's

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #1

07/10/2009 8:58 AM

did you call Acra? That should be the first place to start, then if they can't solve your problem, get ahold of Fanuc.

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 415

07/09/2009 9:16 PM

you bring the ladder logic up, and turn the bit off, you should call FANUC, and explain to them, they will tell you what address it is......

07/10/2009 1:33 AM

Dear Guest,

It seems the the machine is waiting for the Bar feeder signals, as per my knowledge this Bar feeder is not related with Fanuc parameter, they are independent. you must check the Ladder logic. May be now some signal is missing now or else you might have downloaded old logic (this can happen sometimes).

check in the logic why machine is waiting for this signal (ofcourse form the logic you can find he waiting for the activation of some G Signal)

still have the problem then forward me your logic.

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Anonymous Poster

07/10/2009 11:35 AM

Thank you for your prompt response, I'll try calling ACRA and maybe FANUC.

Regards.

Reply to Forum Thread 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); phoenix911 (1); Sachin_warrior (1); snewkirk (1)

Previous in Forum: Photo Challenge: What is This Machinist Doing?   Next in Forum: PWHT of SS

Advertisement