Previous in Forum: Flexibility of human muscles   Next in Forum: kids now adays and drug (Ritalin)
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Associate

body building

07/29/2009 2:20 PM

when I was 18 I took part in body building but without an instructor I did a heavy peice of cement work at the age of 19 sustain a belly strain and back strain lower spinal errectors right side it also affects my right leg I think the weights contributed to the injury. Now am 21 my back feels ok but sometimes i get a little discomfort to my belly and right leg (knee) is it possible for me to start back body building this time with an instructor? my weight is 125 pounds.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Friend of CR4

Good Answers: 35

Re: body building

07/29/2009 3:15 PM

Before starting any intense physical regimen, you should check with your doctor. This is even more important for you, as you have an existing medical condition; one that your doctor would understand far better than any of us on this engineering site.

Power-User

Good Answers: 8

07/30/2009 8:58 AM

Chris gave you some great advice. The discomfort that you still sometimes feel in your "belly" and right leg concerns me. You should definitely get a thorough physical examination from your doctor and let him know what you are planning.

If you choose an "instructor" or personal trainer do your homework and make sure you get a good reputable one. And be certain that he is aware of your condition and devises a program that will not cause further complications but is designed to improve your current condition.

If all goes well and you get the go ahead from your doctor remember to train smart. Any re-aggravation of this injury could be devastating, especially considering your age. And diet is a huge factor in bodybuilding in terms of gaining quality size and mass. It will not happen over night and don't be fooled that it will. Consistently doing the right things will get you to your genetic potential.

Best of luck.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Associate

In reply to #2

07/30/2009 8:19 PM

Thanks alot guys for those wise advise. I will surely check out a doctor before taking a chance again.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member

Good Answers: 144

07/30/2009 5:33 PM

phillip, GA to the advice to consult a doctor before going back to body building.

May I suggest that some other forms of exercise might be more suitable for recovery after injury? I had a back strain injury problem at one time, and I took a Tai Chi course for three months. It was really terrific for me - I rebuilt the strained muscles in my back and I've never had a problem since. That was thirty years ago and I've had a pretty athletic life since.

Although I didn't stay with Tai Chi, the lessons learned stayed with me, and I always use those moves to stretch and relieve any stress. I think it's worth having in your repertoire, no matter what sports you do in your life. Best wishes.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

artsmith (1); Chris Leonard (1); NaturalPro (1); phillip (1)

Previous in Forum: Flexibility of human muscles   Next in Forum: kids now adays and drug (Ritalin)
You might be interested in: Strain Gauges, Strain Reliefs, Back-up Rings

Advertisement