Previous in Forum: a ? in regards to current si units   Next in Forum: Oil Drill Rigs for Cold Wheather applications
Close
Close
Close
15 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 93

Where do We Go Now?

08/29/2009 12:47 AM

Since over the last two months CR4 has become a shadow of what it was, where should we go?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 49

Re: Where do We Go Now?

08/29/2009 12:48 AM

Could you please elaborate?

Popular Science - Weaponology - bwire Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member

Good Answers: 96

08/29/2009 1:09 AM

I too have pondered this only to wonder is this the new order of the world?

At one time the national economy could be guessed by observing the truck load density of equipment carriers.

Is the dry spell on CR4 an indicator too? Or only the dog days of summer?

Good Answers: 17
In reply to #2

08/29/2009 1:48 AM

Maybe this is some indication as to what so many of the now unemployed bankers, realtors and stock brokers were doing rather than researching the things that could have kept the wheels of progress turning. J.Conway

In reply to #3

09/02/2009 2:13 AM

Uh-oh they lost the fortune cookie calculator?

Good Answers: 88
In reply to #2

08/31/2009 9:16 AM

"At one time the national economy could be guessed by observing the truck load density of equipment carriers."

I was wondering who all those people were, wearing lab coats and carrying clipboards, standing on the roadsides watching trucks go by.

These days all you see are hard-luck cases holding up placards that read, "Will Program for System Resources. God Bless."

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #12

09/02/2009 3:04 AM

I've been reading,

About the collapse in Argentina back in 2001. It clears up a lot of the myths. This is a good primer with interesting observations.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2009/08/royal-scam.html

If interested I would encourage sifting through his entire blog site for useful info. Some of what I've learned.

Collapse is a process not an event. Collapse has a benefit to those causing it. The originators blame others including the victims. Middle and Upper classes now join the poor and many don't see it coming. Collapse creates dependence of government and votes are bought for a few bites of food.

The unprepared go hungry and drink dirty water. Crime is very very high as a large percentage of younger people without hope of getting jobs turn to cheap drugs. These new addicts then need to commit crimes to continue the addiction. This process can take up to five years after collapse. Things get better after collapse for the tourist locations and the well connected everyone else stays poor and in survival mode indefinitely.

Timeline for US Collapse 2008-2012(maybe) how convenient looks like BO is gonna take a lot of the rap and doesn't know it 2012-(possibly 2010,2011) Reality sinks in, Despair, Anger, the new serf class can service the rich, build things cheaply.

Enjoy and have a good day.

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662

08/29/2009 4:01 AM

Holiday?...I havn't had a break all year...this is where I come for fun...
I have my beach towel laid out in front of the monitor and a saucer of milk.
I do my best to keep up standards
(It's that Kris, he leaves nut shells all over the forum)
Del

Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 81

08/29/2009 6:04 AM

Yes I've notice a fall off in give and take type questions that can be real interesting, and vermin has not kept us up to date on CERN.

Regards JD

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 143

08/29/2009 7:15 AM

Do you mean you don't care for the "I want a short answer to air." type of question? Yes, I see your point. I'm afraid my pen has gotten rather sharp of late. We could all try to think up a really good topic and try to limit it to folks who actually know something.

Or, were you hinting that you wanted to send me to Cancun, all expenses paid?

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 9

08/29/2009 12:00 PM

Until the Overlord's say it ain't so - the wheels keep turning....perhaps a solstice has taken effect.....who knows!

IMHO dilution by lack of numbers in the amount of serious discussion is a part of it (and lord knows I am not always serious, but try to be a resource...) as well as some participants banging away at their keyboards trying to force-feed an opinion or dialogue in the way they prefer as the outcome (which never has a positive ending)...just some of my thoughts, as I'd wondered the same, and for me it's an interesting evolution over the past 3-4 years.....I for one hope it never ends - although at some point can everything be discussed?

I think not

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 115

08/30/2009 7:35 AM

Is this another of those existential questions ? Bit like the three-ring circus about circles/sound/roundabouts etc...

I'm fairly sure that things don't generally become their own shadow (although Hank Marvin might disagree), it's plain not possible.Trying to stand on your own shadow is fun, but if you manage to stand on it there's no shadow any more.

There are just too many questions in your opener, Transcendian. Is it that CR4 has been a shadow for more than 2 months and we all need to go some place, or is it that we have to go to some place because of CR4 becoming a shadow ? Any confusion is not your fault, I manage it all on my own with granma and spelling liek thus.

Would you like more serious questions, or maybe more fun ones ? I'm not very good at initiating either, but I'm always game to give it a go once in a while. The trouble starts when I post - never quite sure whether to post in serious or frivolous manner.

I went to a car boot sale this morning. Thought I'd best since there probably wont be many more this season. Todays find was one of those glass fishing floats. Mrs K had been hankering after one (I've no idea why), and they don't seem to be in the shops as much as they used to. Anyways, I got one for £4 (seemed at bit steep to me, but it was cheaper than I've found online) and she seems happy with it. On my last trip to the boot-sale I got an old telephone (a GPO wall mounted 471) for just a couple of quid. That was quite a good deal since it looks like I can get it up an running fairly easy, and the Science Museum in London flog refurbed ones for £60.

Yesterday I < feel free top let me know if I'm rambling > bought some new kitchen units. Nothing especially interesting in that itself : Payed for some flat-pack stuff, gets delivered in a couple of days, yadda yadda. The doors for the units....well the flippin' doors can't be supplied for 8 weeks ! They aren't even anything fancy, just bog standard laminated cheap stuff. I can live with the delay, but I'm staggered at how they can try to sell such stuff when they can't supply doors for it for nearly 2 months ! Your average punter just wouldn't buy under those conditions. Now, I mention this little episode for a reason. Over the past 6-12 months I've noticed a general malaise/sloth affecting retail outlets. Staff who couldn't seem to give a toss about actually selling stuff. Everything from churlish checkout assistants to shops so devoid of floor staff that I could have walked of with a truck load of gear and nobody would notice. With all the economic gloom, why aren't businesses bending their ****'s to ensure that a potential customer is converted to a happy buyer ? Not paying attention to quality at point of sale or anywhere that customers go is financial suicide.

<paragraph break so people don't' stop reading>

Is the global economy behind any perceived change in CR4 ? I'm not suggesting members are like the ******-****** people I've encountered recently. There's certainly an element of members being busy because they find themselves looking for a new job, and I reckon that most of us will be busy outside of CR4 keeping an eye on our various financial woes (If anybody hasn't got any, please write to me at the usual address enclosing your credit card details ). Perhaps it's in part people who have children/grandchildren (even great-grandchildren for some I suspect) being busy with summer vacation time ? Perhaps it's also that CR4 membership has grown to an extent that it's got too many people for the chat-like nature in which it used to run ?

<paragraph break because I'm even loosing myself here !>

I dunno is the answer ! CR4 does seem a little different of recent months, but any organic system goes thru ups and downs. Sometimes it's quiet, others busy. Sometimes it seems all serious discussion, and other times as if it's the funniest party you've ever been to. It's all part of the roller-coaster of life.

Anyone who can correlate CR4 activity levels with stock prices will receive a tin of Del's Tuna (but only if they PM the information, with proof, to me - and me only ! )

Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662
In reply to #8

08/30/2009 10:30 AM

Can you post a précis of the above please...?
Del

Good Answers: 115
In reply to #9

08/30/2009 6:09 PM

Sure.

"It's Sunday" !

Good Answers: 87

08/30/2009 10:05 PM

Not sure about Trancendia, but for much of the world July and August are holiday season and many folks are sitting on the beach rather than being in the office wasting company time posting on CR4.... So this may be the reason.....

Excuse me, it is a national holiday here, we are headed out on a jungle trek....

Selamat Hari Merdeka.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 88

08/31/2009 9:21 AM

"Since over the last two months CR4 has become a shadow of what it was, ..."

CR4 has always been a pretty shady place, so what are you saying?

"... where should we go?"

Shopping?

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 15 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

bwire (3); CUTiger (1); Del the cat (2); jdretired (1); Jerrell Conway (1); Kris (2); Steve S. (1); TVP45 (1); user-deleted-13 (2); vermin (1)

Previous in Forum: a ? in regards to current si units   Next in Forum: Oil Drill Rigs for Cold Wheather applications

Advertisement