Previous in Forum: Weapons of the First World War   Next in Forum: Climate Change and Creationism
Close
Close
Close
2 comments

Great Stirling Engine Video

09/15/2009 8:45 PM

came across a youtube user named barumman, who has a great collection of stirling engines, perticulary one he constructed personaly. dont know if hes a member of this forum?

posted in the hope that other member's will find it as intresting as me. hopefully in the correct section.

mike R

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Old New Member

Good Answers: 90

Re: Great Stirling Engine Video

09/17/2009 4:47 AM

There's some interesting videos there & some good engineering.

Re: Great Stirling Engine Video

09/17/2009 6:50 PM

yes the workman ship is beutifull. its a shame about the relativley poor power output.

im no expert on any type of engine, but i think the general rule on stirlin engines is the less 'dead' air the greater the efficiancy, where this desighn seems to have a large crank-case with lots Dead air.

would i be wrong in sayin he could up the efficiancy by filling as much of this as posiable, ie running a slim crankcase, with full circle cranks (ballanced on the outside) ?

thanks in advance

Mike R

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Weapons of the First World War   Next in Forum: Climate Change and Creationism

Advertisement