Previous in Forum: Great Stirling Engine Video   Next in Forum: Tank Thickness Readings
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Power-User
Australia - Member - Igor...pull the switch!!!

Good Answers: 11

Climate Change and Creationism

09/15/2009 8:50 PM

Ignorant of the known facts my little Padawan you be. Such a biased formulation of listed questions will not provide enlightenment to the Jedi way.

I cannot but resist with futility, in providing my knowledge that opposes simplistic beliefs...

1. Man made climate change TRUE & natural climate change TRUE,...this implies natural climate change is occuring and assisted by human activity.
  2. Man made climate change FALSE & natural climate change TRUE.
    ...this implies human activity is not inducing climate change and climate change is just a natural event.
  3. Man made climate change TRUE & natural climate change FALSE.
    ...this implies that human activity alone is causing climate change against a static natural climate.
  4. Man made climate change FALSE & natural climate change FALSE.
    ...this implies there is no climate change.

There is indeed a presence of religious hysteria regarding the entire concept of "climate change". This is perhaps echoed by the OP's formulation of a biased list of statements, which is no fault to the OP. For here, the OP compares ones stance regards to climate change to that of a religious variable.

I cannot truthfully select any point raised by the OP as a representation to my current stance on "climate change", due to the inference with creationism. I have created my own list, which I can now answer without clouding my conscience with religious overtones.

I am a proponent of point number one in my revised list of statements. We are in fact experiencing a natural climate change that is assisted by human activity. Unfortunately, I and other scientists are labelled as "climate change sceptics" with the ensuing hysteria ignoring the natural inclusion to change against our knowledge of the combined human input to climate change. My chosen stance with point number one suddenly becomes against my will and with the added fuel of hysteria, now point number three.

My psuedo stance with point number three now supports the agenda of those pushing for the climate change agenda reforms. This blind ignorance to known facts with regards to natural climate change in co-operation with human induced climate change clearly does not add strength to the climate change reform movement who blame human ativity alone for climate change.

This biased inclusion of some points and deliberate ignorance of others is typical of hysteric beliefs...one we see today in all forms of expression and media.

...I hope religion and politics will not pollute this post, so keep it clean. I probably am really naughty submitting this post too and would not be surprised if it gets closed all too soon

This discussion was "closed" on 09/16/2009 8:43 AM. No new comments are allowed.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Environmental Engineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 101

Re: The revised "'Anthromorphic' Climate Change & Creationism?"

09/16/2009 3:21 AM

Okay, I'll bite.

The first scenario, where both natural and manmade climate changes are real, is likeliest to be correct. After all, acid rain resulting from industrial activities is a proven fact. Since acid rain directly affects the environment, which will in turn affect the climate in the longterm, manmade climate change is likely to be real. The key point of course is to what extent does it affect the overall climatic situation.

Natural climate change is of course real; after all, there were no industrial activities around during the time of the dinosaurs, and yet climate change still occured even then. Of course, it is possible that one day, paleontologists would discover that the dinosaurs had actually beaten man to the development of industrialization by a 100,000,000 years . In which case the people that we mock as wackos may actually be right after all .

The guy whose insights into this matter you really should get is Chema . I'm sure you'll find discussing this matter with him to be a truly "enlightening" experience.

Australia - Member - Igor...pull the switch!!!

Good Answers: 11
In reply to #1

Re: The revised "'Anthromorphic' Climate Change & Creationism?"

09/16/2009 6:25 AM

lol...I can see a complete ban on global warming debates

This discussion was "closed" on 09/16/2009 8:43 AM. No new comments are allowed.

Previous in Forum: Great Stirling Engine Video   Next in Forum: Tank Thickness Readings

Advertisement