Previous in Forum: counter serveilliance help   Next in Forum: How is DC Current Measured by a Clamp Meter?
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Anonymous Poster

Earth Resistance Measurement

01/03/2007 2:08 AM

What is the most accurate method of conducting earth resistance tests (i.e., methods like the 61.8% method or the slope method, etc.)?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Active Contributor

Re: Earth Resistance Measurement

01/04/2007 9:03 AM

I advise you to read some application notes written by the earth ground measurement instrument manufaturers like Fluke and others.

http://support.fluke.com/find-sales/Download/Asset/2633834_6115_ENG_A_W.PDF

If you use the Internet search engines, you will find many files with useful information.

Hope this will be helpful.

Guru

Location: Sitting directly behind my keyboard in Albuquerque - USA
Good Answers: 19

01/04/2007 12:20 PM

Hello "Guest" and I hope 2007 brings you health and prosperity!

If your question is leading up to a grounding project, let me offer some advice:

I just did a large scale project for a friend to ground an Olympic size swimming pool at his aquatic club (people were getting shocks when touching hand rails). I used an instrument similar to the Fluke proposed by Mario. We were able to get readings well under 5 ohms (the accepted limit for sensitive areas) by building an equipotential grid under the pool. I also built a Ufer ground by tying the grid into the reinforcing bar of the concrete foundation as well as the screen that was embedded in the concrete walk ways. See the interesting link below. I remember Ufer grounds due to my work in dry sand of the Middle East.

http://www.psihq.com/iread/ufergrnd.htm

Australia - Member - New Member Fans of Old Computers - H316 - New Member Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Location: Port Noarlunga, South Australia, AUSTRALIA (South of Adelaide)
Good Answers: 75
In reply to #2

01/04/2007 11:57 PM

Welcome to CR4 PetroPower, I like your avatar. Be warned however my avatar started out black then went to red and finally blue with bloodshot eyes. I think it's from talking till I'm blue in the face to the perpetual motion machine loonies that a site like this attracts.

Anyway welcome aboard.

Good Answers: 11
In reply to #2

01/15/2007 12:51 AM

Thanks for the link.

Commentator

08/24/2011 1:57 AM

CR4 ADMIN: Deleted Post

Spam: This post was deleted because it contained advertising outside the Commercial Space forum. Please review Section 14 of the CR4 Site FAQ about advertising.

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Reply to Forum Thread 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

electricaleng (1); Emjay4119 (1); Mario (1); masu (1); PetroPower (1)

Previous in Forum: counter serveilliance help   Next in Forum: How is DC Current Measured by a Clamp Meter?

Advertisement