Previous in Forum: What is NACE Certification?   Next in Forum: Bubble interference in Turbidity measurement
Close
Close
Close
11 comments

Starting a Calibration Company

02/12/2010 12:49 PM

I am planning to start a new calibration firm along with my friends. But i am facing some prob in finalising the initial investments. So can anyone help me get the price list of the following components...???? Please do get me the details of the place from where i can buy them cheaply.

Dead Weight Tester

Dreck( Hand Pump)

Thank u all....

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Anonymous Poster

Re: Starting a Calibration Company

02/12/2010 3:48 PM

It is not Dreck... it is Druck. Contact GE Druck for handpump. For dead-weight tester contact Ametek Calibration Instruments. Good luck... why ask the price from us? Get the price from them. For buying cheaply, explore China suppliers.

Register to Reply

In reply to #1

02/13/2010 12:26 AM

Thanks for ur reply....

I didnt know where to find the details. and we are just passouts and so not very eexperienced. thats y i asked in this forum. anyway thanks for ur reply sir.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1663

02/12/2010 6:17 PM

Please don't waste our time with these questions. Have your secretary look for them.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 194
In reply to #2

02/12/2010 10:33 PM

Now, now - don't be cross!

(Is it me, or are there more inane posts lately than there usually are?)

Good Answers: 1663
In reply to #3

02/14/2010 5:20 AM

In the amount of time it took the OP to type in his request, I had Googled both items and gotten dozens of hits on both.

It seems to me that these things (inane posts) run in cycles. Doesn't seem to be lunar, maybe it's some other force at work.

Could it be Vader playing with some new intelligence sucking tool that sucks the brains out of some people?

There, I feel better now. Thanks!

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Active Contributor

Location: I am at Chennai India. Retired Dy General Manager - Power Plant Automation

02/13/2010 12:01 AM

Hi, For calibration Lab for high accuracy primary standard, you can buy a dual range dead weight tester 0 to 60/600Bar may cost you around INR 3 lakhs with fine weights, in steps of 0.05Bar in the low range and 0.5bar in the higher range. You can check the following site: http://www.dh-budenberginc.com/products.asp?catid=63

Hand pump models are not reliable for higher pressure ranges. Say upto 20Bar they will work alright. Higher pressure range models require lots of maintanance.

Kindly let me know the place you are starting your lab I can give you a better guide line with make price contact point etc

seetharaman

Register to Reply

In reply to #4

02/13/2010 12:59 AM

Thanks a lot sir,

I am starting our lab in Kochi, Kerala. Theres a lot of possibilty for itin Kerala as there are lesser no of simillar firms.

We are planning to do the small tempeature, pressure calibrations in the early stages.

later we are planning to expand it. We people are looking forward to the Automation field too as we have finished some automation courses,.....but not in near future.

So sir i take ur advice seriously and hope to hear from you soon.

Jithesh

Register to Reply
Guru
Safety - ESD - New Member Popular Science - Cosmology - Amateur Astronomer Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Writer India - Member - Regular CR4 participant Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 31
In reply to #7

02/13/2010 11:39 PM

You may contact Fluid Control Research Institute, Palghat, Kerala. They are already in the same business in various fileds of calibration and are best known Indian laboratory.

Though in the same business, people there are very nice and will help you in all respects.

I suggest to attend few of their courses on Calibration, which will give you broader perspective of what is calibration, what is uncertainties, and also you will have good relations with the people in the lab.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - bwire Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member

Good Answers: 96

02/13/2010 12:04 AM

http://www.info.com/dead%20weight%20tester?cb=27&cmp=3976&gclid=CObO17vD7p8CFRKiagodmkDIXQ

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/druck/hand-pump/

Main Entry: dreck Variant(s): also drek \ˈdrekFunction: noun Etymology: Yiddish drek & German Dreck, from Middle High German drec; akin to Old English threax rubbish

In reply to #5

02/13/2010 1:03 AM

Thanks a lot for ur reply sir....

Went through the sites that u recomended. Planning to contact them directly.

i will enquire and get back to u soon sir.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster

02/13/2010 4:42 AM

Hi am also planning the same, to start the instrument erection and comissioning work.

If u can suggest r tips from u are welcome

u can catch me at prakash0808@gmail.com

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 11 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); bwire (1); gsuhas (1); jithu9911 (3); lyn (2); Mikerho (1); seethasub (1)

Previous in Forum: What is NACE Certification?   Next in Forum: Bubble interference in Turbidity measurement

Advertisement