Previous in Forum: Calculating Short Circuit Current   Next in Forum: queries
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Active Contributor

Glow Plug Location

03/03/2010 2:46 PM

Can someone tell where the glow plug is located on a ONAN GENERATOR 7.5 HDKAJ11451D Serial # K980825747F980757139. This generator is on a MONACO DIPLOMAT 1999. Diesel pusher.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376

Re: Glow Plug Location

03/03/2010 6:22 PM

If you cannot find it yourself after removing the generator's outer cover and following the glow plug wiring then you could try the manufacturers website for a service and maintenance manual.

http://www.cumminsonan.com/

In reply to #1

03/04/2010 9:29 AM

I cant remove the outer cover it is in the front of my R/V. there is a frame around it?

Register to Reply
Active Contributor

In reply to #2

03/04/2010 12:28 PM

To remove the cover I would have to pull it out the front of the R/V I would like to find a better route?

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376
In reply to #3

03/04/2010 1:14 PM

You may very well have to. Try the manufacturers website for a service and maintenance manual. If you are lucky it will have pictures showing the glow plug location and perhaps the location of an access hatch (or similar) so you can reach in and locate it by 'feel'.

I think you need to remove the outer cover though because this Onen generator is not specifically designed for this application (it is a stand-alone generator designed to be accessible for operation and maintenance).

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!

Previous in Forum: Calculating Short Circuit Current   Next in Forum: queries

Advertisement