Previous in Forum: Frankenstein   Next in Forum: Organ Donation
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Active Contributor

mgb

06/06/2010 12:15 AM

i want to know how long does it take a woman to get pregnant after she menstruated ?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 780

Re: mgb

06/06/2010 12:25 AM

A few fun minutes....

Especially for PE's.

Good Answers: 145

06/06/2010 3:58 AM

If she is on her own? Won't happen unless there is a turkey baster involved.

If she has a consenting, mutually interested partner who isn't shooting blanks, moons right, there's been the requisite 2 dozen oysters and sparkly wine. Then I'd concur with Tornado. It's a really good chance of it happening.

You wouldn't be in trouble now??

Engineering Fields - Environmental Engineering - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 101

06/06/2010 5:22 AM

Ask your wife. It differs from woman to woman but generally speaking, it's 2 weeks after her period.

Good Answers: 35

06/05/2011 10:49 AM

Apparently a woman can get pregnant at any time, before, during or after her period. It depends on a lot of things--sperm can survive in a woman's body for up to five days, ovulation does not always occur in sync with her menstrual cycle, sometimes two eggs are released at once, and one is available for impregnation on a (slightly?) different schedule than the other. Finally, sometimes bleeding occurs that is not due to menstruation, which can confuse the issue.

Some quotes:

Can you get pregnant right after your period?

It's possible but not very likely.
Ovulation occurs around the middle of a woman's cycle (specifically, in the middle third): If you have a 28-day cycle, for example, then you'll usually ovulate on the 14th day, counting the first day of your period as the first day of your cycle. If your period lasts seven or eight days, by the time you finish menstruating you're only five or six days away from ovulating. If you consider that sperm can live in the fallopian tube for two or three days, then you have a narrow window in which you could get pregnant if you ovulated a little earlier than normal. If you're not actively trying to get pregnant, it's always safer to use reliable contraception when you have sex, no matter when in it is during your cycle.

Member Answers

i did get pregnant right after my period we had unprotected sex the very first day after my period stopped and ended up pregnant

posted 8/20/2007 by sdolly

When_is_it_between_periods_can_a_woman_NOT_get_pregnant

There is no specific time that a woman can't get pregnant as all woman ovulate at different times.

It is usually unlikely that you will get pregnant after your period as you ovulate during your period and won't do so again for another month.
But some women can produce two eggs and can ovulate almost at any time.

I would suggest talking to your GP, there are also kits you can use that can tell you when you are most fertile.

Can you get pregnant right after your period?

The debate on whether or not a woman can get pregnant during her period has been going on for decades now. Just like every woman is different, so are her hormonal balances and hence her menstrual cycle. Though there are generalities on which some ground basics of menstruation and pregnancy can be formed, but eventually it all boils down to individual physiology. So, yes, you can get pregnant during your periods.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Register to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

DVader1000 (1); peterg7lyq (1); rhkramer (1); Tobugrynbak (1); Tornado (1)

Previous in Forum: Frankenstein   Next in Forum: Organ Donation

Advertisement