Previous in Forum: Thyristorised Heater Control System   Next in Forum: Effect of Switching Surgers
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

Measuring Contact Pressure on the Skin's Surface

03/12/2007 11:54 AM

Hello,

I am trying to measure the electrode-skin interface impedance, the result varies with contact pressure, does anyone have an idea of what I can use to measure the contact pressure between the electrode and the skin, I am using an elastic belt round the lower torso to hold the electrodes in place on the skin

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: contact electrode impedance Pressure
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Associate

Re: How Can I Measure Contact Pressure on the Skin Surface

03/12/2007 12:09 PM

I don't exactly understand your application, but, one possibility might be Tekscan's flexiforce sensors. You can find more info here.

Register to Reply
Commentator
United States - Member - Go Tigers! Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - Specialty - Mechanical Vibrations Fans of Old Computers - UNIVAC - Man I shoulda bought a Whirlwind!

Re: How Can I Measure Contact Pressure on the Skin Surface

03/12/2007 2:00 PM

Tekscan works pretty good. Also look into Sensor Products Tactilus for real time analysis. If you don't want real time data and would like to save some money you can use Pressurex or Fuji Paper.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Thyristorised Heater Control System   Next in Forum: Effect of Switching Surgers

Advertisement