Previous in Forum: MEG Distilation   Next in Forum: ceramic magnets...
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Participant

About Permissible Subtitutes for USA Specification Materials

01/04/2011 1:54 AM

Dear Sir/ Madam, I am not an engineer, just an ordinary one, Please kindly inform me where can I get the Permissible Subsitutes for USA Specification Materials' File/data? Example, SS 420 J2 equivalent with 1.4021 or Grd. 1.4542 equivalent with AISI 630. Thank you very Much...

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 243

Re: About Permissible Subtitutes for USA Specification Materials

01/04/2011 10:38 PM

Must meet the designated specification in the purchase agreement documents is a requirement here. Milo

In reply to #1

01/04/2011 10:59 PM

Dear Mr. Milo, you are saying that, the specification should be paid (using money) if I want to know about the equivalent of the code? Thank you very much for considering my request.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 243
In reply to #2

01/05/2011 10:32 AM

Engineering and specifying materials is serious work.

Professional judgement is required in order to make determination of whether or not slight variances between different materials would make a difference in the intended form fit function, processing response, and suitability for end use.

The very first part of doing such a determination is having valid copies of the source documents, applicable standards, and cited references.

Failure to do this in this country could be considered basis for malfeasance/malpractice and subject one and one's company to severe liabilities in the event of a product failure.

It is fundamental requirement of materials engineering work to have copies of appropriate cited standards and specifications and assure compliance of materials to them.

Milo

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: MEG Distilation   Next in Forum: ceramic magnets...

Advertisement