Close
Close
Close
28 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 5

Picture is worth _______________ words.

03/31/2007 1:12 AM

What to do? to paste a diagram into a reply. I have converted a cad.dwg to PDF and/or JPG file but cannot paste them successfully into a reply.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member China - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 14

Re: Picture is worth _______________ words.

03/31/2007 1:57 AM

thats easy!, convert to jpg will be best, and it has a small size. then click toolbus, which icon likes a camera, it will open and ask your fils position in you computer with prompt of browser then find it and ok.

Im afraid this system will not compatible cad.dwg file. you can use printscreen function to convert it into bmp gip jpeg etc format , either.

sometimes virus protect system can also provent from paste. try to close it. be care to do this.

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #1

04/01/2007 11:52 PM

Thank you, Tom

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 115

03/31/2007 2:41 PM

How did you load your Avatar Tom ? Mine was a picture I scanned and saved as a JPEG. The Editor function sized and placed it.

When inserting images , go to the green camera image , follow it through to locate the image file on your pc.

When you select the file , hit the submit button

Kris.

Good Answers: 24
In reply to #2

03/31/2007 4:08 PM

Right!

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

03/31/2007 4:27 PM

Ouch !

I saw a woman nursing an orphan Koala once , and you don't even want to think about the woman making tea for guests who had no milk in the fridge. More tea vicar ?....

In reply to #4

03/31/2007 4:42 PM

Pssst... (I thought this is going to be a long succession of weird photos pasted), Don't tell anyone..., this is just between us two

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #5

03/31/2007 5:00 PM

That's the other forum ..shhhh.

Whats a person to do ? Our American friends only surf at work . I set my watch by the 'Who's Online' ratio .

In reply to #6

03/31/2007 5:38 PM

...my watch by the 'Who's Online' ratio...

You gotta make the best of what's there. We're about two hours apart.

...Our American friends only surf at work...

I'm retired and free-lance at home, with most of the time rendering video files, so I'm available as long as I'm awake.

So, as weird as it may sound, I too only surf at work...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #7

04/02/2007 6:09 AM

That's cool - you're not a serf , but you surf ! I think it is written somewhere "He surfs unto all those who wait " .

In reply to #10

04/02/2007 6:22 AM

"serf", Had to look it up in a dictionary, "Eved" or "Tzamit" in Hebrew, a slave, vassal. - No, I'm not. Not in this lifetime.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

04/02/2007 6:53 AM

There is a (maybe European ) saying about people being 'slaves to their jobs' - they loose perspective of what is important . You choose your work and are therefor not a serf . That is the aspiration of all. The similar sound yet completely different meaning of serf/surf amuses me. All the great stories of humanity are about freedom. The right to self -determination is a thing to be cherished.

Why did you underline part of the Hebrew translations ? I'm curious (some would say I'm 'curious' but that sense has a different meaning !).

Kris

In reply to #12

04/02/2007 7:08 AM

...You choose your work and are therefor not a serf...

Well, I was, until 2003 that is, a hired hand, so to speak. Held a class for amateur cinema making and desktop video editing, in a local community center, for some three years, until salaries started to delay, so I left.

...All the great stories of humanity are about freedom...

Isn't this true. And for such a deep, deep reason. We all once used to roam, look for our daily livelihood, then got civilised, stiffed our upper lip, and got bored and frustrated. Usually those who didn't were those who took advantage of other's sweat.

Freedom starts as a state of mind, only then you look for ways to realise it externally. It takes some serious suffering to figure out your priorities in life

...Why did you underline ...

Yes, to stress for the correct pronunciation

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #13

04/02/2007 7:40 AM

Very true . I choose to reject conventional employment , and take more time for less money . The extra time , I can use in ways to make a difference that money on it's own never could . I'm fortunate to be able to do so . I can make enough to live on , spend time helping people I know need support , and still wrangle enough minutes to discuss interesting stuff on the net. One of the saddest sites is Commuters on their daily trip , now lengthened by working on a lap-top. All that misery just to have the latest consumer product.

Think I'll leave this before I get gloomy . Some peoples greed leaves them gloomy , others are just plain oppressed . One day all shall be free physically , having a free mind is the first step.

In reply to #14

04/02/2007 9:08 AM

...Think I'll leave this before I get gloomy...

No no. You mentioned what I believe everybody knows, be it subject to denial as it may.

Denial is the first step to misery, I believe.

The tragedy and opportunity both, being that after all we are responsible to the way we live. It's up to the realisation of your priorities.

Regarding that point, no one can really say "I had no choice" or "I had no opportunity" because it's not about inherited fortune, but instead, it's about defining priorities within a given prolonged situation.

That's actually is freedom handed for free. How many choose to take it? Who knows, everyone for themselves.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #15

04/02/2007 9:25 AM

Hmmm.. are we missing each others words here ? I shun some direct material desire to have the freedom to do what I feel is morally/spiritually right . There is always a practical need to balance the two. It sounds as though you are able to pursue your chosen direction as well . My 'gloom ' is over the number of people caught in the rat-race they are conditioned to follow. My choice leaves me happy , and gives me the time to try to help others (hands on , not in my internet life). I agree , we are responsible for our own destiny , but I have the luxury of living in the west . Many do not have the liberty I enjoy. If the society somebody lives in constrains their freedom , the first step toward getting it is in ones own mind .

In reply to #16

04/02/2007 9:52 AM

...I shun some direct material desire to have the freedom to do...

This is not a zero-sum game. One is not necessarily denying the other.

The said ...practical need to balance the two... is for my opinion an installed illusion to keep you checked in-line and submissive to the delicate common sense, intended to synchronise people's activities, to maintain so the called "social order".

This is a knife's edge: we all know it's about social synchronism, so we are pre-installed (by un-intentional "education", or in other words: we are socially conditioned) with a bunch of social cliche items, to keep us submissive.

My point is that, after all, society is an rational agreement between individuals, not a divine order enforced.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #17

04/02/2007 10:20 AM

Let me get to the point I was trying to explain . I would not generally illustrate from personal perspective , but you seem like a good person.

I could make a considerable amount of money if I chose to work globally , which would entail site visits etc (because of my particular skill area ). I have an Autistic child . No amount of money can replace a single minute that I can devote to his welfare. As part of my concern as a farther , I endeavour to do what I can for him and those less fortunate in a similar position.That requires time and nothing else . This is my definition of social conscience + responsibility versus material gain.

I happily sacrifice personal want against a desire to help others who's life I can change. Good deeds have a ripple effect. I have sympathy with people far away , but I can more effectively bring change and good by fanning the tide of change on my doorstep.

Sorry if that sounds like a 'snap -back ' reply , but as we've discussed change begins with the individual .

In reply to #18

04/02/2007 10:47 AM

...I happily sacrifice personal want against...

My point exactly: you've made your choice. There's nothing I respect more than a choice made, even if my choice would be otherwise made, given my own karma and experience.

My personal experience showed me, that life is not a zero-sum game. Please look into it. We may be luckier than it may so appear. I for instance, may make a big sacrifice, only to be rewarded with a lifetime long feeling of grace and beauty.

This is deep, man, and an intimate experience. Hardly to be shared with others. Try to dig my gist here. Happiness is not bought, it's given freely by grace, by our following signs of grace.

It's hard to explain, easy to describe, nevertheless there for the taking by anybody who has a true yearning for it. "Seek and you shall find" someone said. This is not some tale. I know it for fact.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #19

04/02/2007 11:05 AM

Yuval my friend , "This is not a zero-sum game." .We have talked this point a while and I am not sure we understand that we (probably) share the same phillosiphy. It is fun and worthwhile. The day is late (I do not work on GMT despite beig in the UK ) , but your conversation is enlightened and enjoyable . Much as I enjoy it , I must turn my mind to other things. I will return to this conersation when I can . I admire your desire and tenacity to put yor point of view and discuss things .Sadly i have to juggler several balls at the same time , and so have to liit the time I spend on philosophy. Talk to you soon,

Kris

In reply to #2

04/01/2007 11:54 PM

Thank you Kris, Tom

Register to Reply
Power-User

04/02/2007 4:19 PM

With your help and many thanks I'm a paster and soon will find out how to get the words above the diagram. Tom

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #21

04/02/2007 4:44 PM

...how to get the words above the diagram...

Start with the words you want above the picture.

Once you imported your picture, click on it and you'll see sideways "handles" attached, and your mouse pointer will become crossed arrows. Drag your picture past the bottom of the page, and it will scroll over the text at the bottom.

Play with it for a while and you'll see that you can drag your picture, anywhere within the layout, even in the middle of a given text line.

I never tried it, but I suspect the handles are to re-size the picture...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #21

04/02/2007 4:49 PM

That's cool . I'm trying to figure how to get words to the side of an image . I've had no need to yet , but feel there must be a way . I'll wait until I see somebody do it , then it will be a fun challenge !

ps - click the mouse at top LHS of edit box.

Kris.

In reply to #23

04/02/2007 4:53 PM

Hi,

Maybe it should ... ... be done like this

The "..." were added just for fun, not to do with the placement

P.S: Only now I notice the tail... and the portrait on the table, who is it, uncle E?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #24

04/02/2007 5:07 PM

aaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

The photo on my desk- you'll never zoom in close enough . (Well my scanner couldn't) . It's very tempting to hide a real image there though. Dang , now everybody would know !

In reply to #25

04/02/2007 5:34 PM

Could this be it?

This being more particular?:

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #26

04/02/2007 6:26 PM

At some point in the future a subtle change will occur.....When a humorous one occurs to me a hint Will be given....

Good Answers: 16

12/19/2011 11:42 AM
Register to Reply
Register to Reply 28 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

cnpower (1); Kris (12); Tim in Mexico (1); Tom Kreher (3); Yuval (11)

Previous in Forum: Salmonella bacteria   Next in Forum: Suicide Riddle

Advertisement