Previous in Forum: Check Valve & Gate Valve for Sewer Sanitary Service   Next in Forum: Well Water Quality
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Anonymous Poster #1

Fire Department Connection

03/09/2011 3:55 AM

Hello, I just wanted to have your enlightenment on the utilization of Fire Department Connection

1) Use & connection what is the configuration of this thing, does it have to supply water from fire tracks or just an access for fire straws when fire is dancing

2) What far do we have to consider in the installation of this?

3) Is this thing really necessary than buckets and basins to houses or building?

I want you to instructed me, tank you very many.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 28

Re: Fire Department Connection

03/09/2011 8:47 AM

Consult your local code, wherever that is.

Good Answers: 11

Re: Fire Department Connection

03/09/2011 11:15 AM

You seem to be funny though. Capt. Moosie is the expert on this, but i have to take my shot. 2. You mean how far, Right? Answer-usually 150% or 1.5 times the height of the adjacent wall. 3. This is hilarious but i think a practical question. If your establishment is only as big as playhouse then use buckets of water to extinguish a fire. Joke only. Yes, definitely fdc is necessary this to anticipate shortage of fire water supply, make fire trucks as back up.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Check Valve & Gate Valve for Sewer Sanitary Service   Next in Forum: Well Water Quality

Advertisement