Previous in Forum: Facts For The Milkaholic   Next in Forum: Time to yuk it up...
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Power-User

Good Answers: 14

Hydraulic proportioning valve

03/22/2011 9:18 AM

Hi all

We have a hydraulic press with two cylinders that should move uniformly and sometimes don't. It has been suggested that the proportioning valve is faulty. I am trying to find a simple diagram to see how these valves work, but without success, can someone point me in the right direction or explain how they operate?

Thanks Tony

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

Re: Hydraulic proportioning valve

03/22/2011 9:41 AM

Don't know what type of valve you have, but the pdf linked below has a cut-away diagram and description which may help:

http://www.parker.com/literature/Hydraulic%20Valve%20Division/hydraulicvalve/Catalogs-Bulletins/MASTER%20HVD%20Catalogs/Cat%202400_7-00/Cat2400%20MCV-MOV-MUV.pdf

India - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 52

03/22/2011 9:58 AM

Good Answers: 182

03/22/2011 11:02 AM

There are different ways to synchronize 2 or more cylinders eliminating all variations due to load differences. It would be difficult if not impossible to give you a correct answer before you give a sketch of your circuit and the valves types used. In general the plates give the type and the manufacturer. For your information you can either use one ram as master and the other as follower or split the flow in 2 flows proportional to the rams pistons areas or have a mechanical or an electro- system which builds up the stroke difference as an electric signal and adds and deducts it from the input for the 2 valves.

As principle a proportional valve allows a flow proportional to an input signal which can be as well electric, mechanic, pneumatic or hydraulic. Some have an integrated load compensation some do not. As you see it is a too complex question to answer it without more input from your side about your system.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Power-User

In reply to #3

03/22/2011 8:29 PM

Thanks Nick

I observe there are 2 cylinders of varying size which suggests that the the exhaust from one is feeding the other, I'm familiar with that system. The proportioning valve suggestion was made by an "expert" and I thought it could be right, as I couldn't see how the other system could become unbalanced. If it is a proportioning valve then the system is most likely hydraulic feedback, I could see no electrical connection.

Tony

Good Answers: 182
In reply to #4

03/23/2011 4:17 AM

Is the error always in same direction (same cylinder has a shorter stroke)? The best would be to make a scheme of the circuit and indicate the valving and if possible dimensions of the rams (piston and rod diameters).

Register to Reply
Power-User

In reply to #5

03/23/2011 9:15 AM

Thanks Nick

I believe so, I will check.

Tony

02/26/2014 7:28 AM

hi sir..1st u must check the pump connections..like strainer etc.

if..capacity of strainer iz low compared to the pump flow..the following errors are to be occured.

thank u sir.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

chandra sekhar (1); JohnDG (1); nick name (2); rakesh_semwal (1); Tonymech (2)

Previous in Forum: Facts For The Milkaholic   Next in Forum: Time to yuk it up...

Advertisement