Previous in Forum: Temperature Ranges to Store Coating Materials   Next in Forum: Silver Hardened Too Fast When Casting
Close
Close
Close
11 comments
Participant

Compression Molding Material

05/08/2011 2:30 PM

Dear Friends, I am looking for a material formulation (that includes steel wool, powder metal, graphite, fillers) to produce brake pads without the curing step. Basically this type of product (to my understanding) needs to be cured to attain its full potential this step requires molds additional machinery and labor. I am looking for a means of making brake pads without that second step. A material that once compressed retains its shape and achieves its full functional potential without a second processing step. Can anyone suggest a starting point and sources to get help

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1662

Re: Compression molding material

05/08/2011 2:54 PM

Compression molding always requires post mold finishing. Think about it. You do understand how the materials and process of compression molding work?
Please let me know what your level of understanding/experience is before we proceed.

Please also let me know that you know hot these pads get in service.

Register to Reply
Participant

In reply to #1

05/09/2011 10:35 PM

maybe I should have said pressing only (as in a punch press ) working applying pressure for a short instant as opposed to compression molding (which in my mind by definition would involve heat and time) pressing in a punch press type machine would involve a part of a second. This is really what I want and what I should have written it is a quick and inexpensive action

Sorry for the confusion

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #9

05/10/2011 12:30 AM

If you don't know what you want, I can't help you. You don't know what you want.

Good bye.

Register to Reply
Participant

In reply to #10

05/11/2011 12:44 AM

Thank you

Register to Reply
Guru
New Zealand - Member - Kiwi Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Power Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 376

05/08/2011 3:21 PM

I am looking for a material formulation (that includes steel wool, powder metal, graphite, fillers) to produce brake pads without the curing step.

Based on the material composition, are you sure you mean 'brake pads' and not perhaps 'brushes'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brush_(electric)

A description of the application would help. What type of brake is this and what environment is it being used in?

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 69

05/08/2011 5:15 PM

You can start your research here, if some has already researched your idea, you should find it there or here. DJ

United States - Member - Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Engineering Fields - Aerospace Engineering - New Member

05/08/2011 6:23 PM

kramarat, you any good money making ideas that you want to share? I'm trying to keep up with today's inflation rates! DJ

Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467
In reply to #4

05/08/2011 7:54 PM

In all seriousness..............yes. I have a patent pending, trademark protection for the name in place, and a product that I know people will buy.

I'm in the process of looking for the funding/ help to bring the product to fruition.

If you're serious, PM me.

In reply to #5

05/09/2011 10:20 PM

kramarat, I just sent a PM to you.

Re: Compression Molding Material

05/09/2011 3:08 AM

CR4 ADMIN: Deleted Post

Spam: This post was deleted because it contained advertising outside the Commercial Space forum. Please review Section 14 of the CR4 Site FAQ about advertising.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 6)
Guru

In reply to #6

Re: Compression Molding Material

05/09/2011 9:17 AM

rufusgiftson,

Are you employed by technical quiz?????????? Are you on commission????????

Every one of your posts here has been to advertise another web site.

I think it's rude of you to never add anything to a discussion except a commercial plug for another forum.

Why not sit on your hands the next time you feel like wasting our time advertising another web site.

I was going to call you a jerk, but it would just get me moderated. So, I'll just keep that thought to myslef.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 11 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

adicut (2); dj95401 (3); jack of all trades (1); kramarat (1); lyn (3); rufusgiftson (1)

Previous in Forum: Temperature Ranges to Store Coating Materials   Next in Forum: Silver Hardened Too Fast When Casting

Advertisement