Previous in Forum: See This Video of Lunar Transit of the Sun   Next in Forum: Measurements of the Universe
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru
India - Member - Sensors Technology Popular Science - Cosmology - Dream, Think and Act United Kingdom - Member - New Member United States - Member - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

Location: AM-51, Deen Dayal Nagar, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, MP 474001, India
Good Answers: 32

Cosmic Ray Shower Experimental Group - CSEG

04/16/2007 4:16 PM

Friends

Welcome to the Cosmic World at CSEG

Hello young and no so young Scientists out there. If you wana build the cosmic shower experiment using those plastic scintillators and large are 5" wide photomultiplier tube easily you can get from surplus, I can help you get those electronics for it for particle counting and data recording on your PC in real time. It will come at small token price almost 50% or less than any commercial equipment you may buy from ORTEC or CANBERRA or any other big nuclear equipment manufacturer. I will also come in person to install the equipment in your country if that is possible for me to do. I will prefer that request for instrumental help is sent by the institute head or program head, program mentor and not by any individual.

Become a cosmic shower experimental group CSEG member for free. Find out who is doing what in their small places and not at NASA. I am going to set up CSEG at Gwalior for 100,000 students in education here to see all those charge particles pouring from heaven and watching all that in real time. Don't you think it is a bigger fun than any thing we otherwise do. Having a tag of heavens? Yes.

If you are a professor in India then tell your institute management to get involve fast. I intend to build 50,000 such equipments in just 5 years. I have lots of them under development now. Come and see them. My address you can find on the link below.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Popular Science - Cosmology - Let's keep knowledge expanding Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors -

Good Answers: 104

Re: Cosmic Ray Shower Experimental Group - CSEG

04/19/2007 11:54 PM

Hi Shyam,

Are you willing to give us more information about the scintillators or photomultiplier tubes or electronics? If you could share a video of what we will see, that would be nice. It sounds like a fun thing for students to do.

Regards,

S

India - Member - Sensors Technology Popular Science - Cosmology - Dream, Think and Act United Kingdom - Member - New Member United States - Member - New Member Canada - Member - New Member

In reply to #1

04/20/2007 1:09 AM

Cosmic ray and weather connection is not under investigation all over the world. What cosmic rays can do, man may also be able to do to some extent and change weather.

search for cosmic ray shower experiments and you will get lots of information. All it needs a mentor teacher and students getting involved in small lab. Plastic scintillators, photomultiplier tube and some counting electronics with software can record the way cosmic ray particle shower on your college buildings every second. You capture nature's most fascinating events in real time.

Few links are here

http://www.pparc.ac.uk/Nw/jasper.jpg

http://www.ast.leeds.ac.uk/haverah/detector.shtml

In reply to #1

04/20/2007 2:25 AM
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: See This Video of Lunar Transit of the Sun   Next in Forum: Measurements of the Universe

Advertisement