Previous in Forum: Generalized Formula for Relativistic Kinetic Energy of Spinning Rotor   Next in Forum: How to Figure Gearing, Motor Size (hp and Torque)
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Guru
United States - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Safety - ESD - New Member Technical Fields - Education - New Member

Good Answers: 20

4000PSI Pipe Spec for Pressure Washer Question

07/12/2011 4:28 PM

I hope this is an easy one.

It turns out we have a gap in our spec. Small diameter (3/4"), high pressure (4000 psi) pipe for use on cold water pressure washers.

I have looked at ASME B16.5 and it appears to say 2500# fittings. For anything of a lower class, it says to use "high pressure" appendix K.

Appendix K (B31.3 K304.1.2) says only for instrumentation, and only then with special fittings. No socket welds, butt welds only.

My problem is that I know every quick connect in the (known to me) world for small (4000 psi) pressure washers has a threaded NPT connection. How can this be illegal?

What am I missing? Where is the proviso for small pressure washers?

HELP!

-A-

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

Re: 4000PSI Pipe Spec for Pressure Washer Question

07/12/2011 5:32 PM

Check ASME B16.11. I think that covers couplings and threaded fittings.

Good Answers: 34

Re: 4000PSI Pipe Spec for Pressure Washer Question

07/13/2011 4:09 AM

I think that you have to read K 314.2 (ASME B31.3), no K304.1.2.

"Special threaded joints may be used to attach flange or fittings for joints in wich the pipe end projects through the flange or fitting and is machined to form the sealing surface withs a lens ring, cone ring, the mating pipe end, or other similar device"

WP

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Generalized Formula for Relativistic Kinetic Energy of Spinning Rotor   Next in Forum: How to Figure Gearing, Motor Size (hp and Torque)

Advertisement