Previous in Forum: Largest Alternator on a VW Cabrio 2000   Next in Forum: Who Knows About Chevy 348s
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Participant

Motor Cycle Antenna

11/03/2011 5:44 PM

How do you attach a coaxial cable to the single wire on a shark 250 watt receiver?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1666

Re: motor cycle antenna

11/03/2011 5:55 PM

Twist them, solder them, crimp them, use a wire nut. I'd connect the co-ax center conductor to the reciever wire and ground the shield to a screw on the case, or the motorcycle itself. Or not.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 194

Re: Motor Cycle Antenna

11/03/2011 9:36 PM
Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 123

11/03/2011 9:47 PM

First, welcome to the insanity. About that antenna, most antenna needs a ground plane to work properly. The ground plane should be connected to the outer braid of the coaxial. As for the receiver, I claim 0 knowledge of a Shark 250 watt receiver. But, if there is no connection for the coaxial, use the chassis of the receiver as the connection to the outer braid. Any chance of a picture of the back of the receiver?

11/07/2011 3:01 AM

Tory Burch Sunglasses come in various types. One is the TY 7007. The TY 7007 is a fashionable large plastic frame usually square in shape that is characterized by a saddle nasal bridge in the middle part and two plastic temple tips that help ensure a comfortable fit for the wearer[url=http://www.cheapfootballjerseyshut.com/]football jerseys[/url]it's standardized, clear and concise ,that inever heard about it before .

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - RC Aircraft - New Member Hobbies - Automotive Performance - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 123
In reply to #4

11/08/2011 7:13 AM

And how do you attach the antenna onto the Tory Burch Sunglasses?

Anonymous Poster #1

11/07/2011 3:28 AM

the outer braided shield wires is grounded to the radio. the center wire transmits the signal. the radio and antenna both need to to have a good ground. radio and antenna to frame for example.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 102

11/10/2011 4:45 AM

A little curious, I checked out the receiver in question on the internet. I know, bold move. Here's the link so we can all be on the same page:

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/product/SHKMRC3080DBC/Shark-250w-motorcycle-audio-system-W--new-3-speakers.html

It says that it is equipped with an internal antenna for it's FM radio. No mention of an external connection for this purpose.

Still puzzled, I found some images on you tube that show a flying wire antenna so i think i can see what you are trying to achieve. You want an after market automotive antenna attached to it right?

There are transmission line impedance matching issues here which go beyond your simple request for advice on connecting a coax to this wire. Are you having reception problems with the extant antenna?

Sharky, can you elaborate a little on what you are trying to achieve please.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); bob c (2); jerseysnflchina (1); lyn (1); Mikerho (1); Wal (1)

Previous in Forum: Largest Alternator on a VW Cabrio 2000   Next in Forum: Who Knows About Chevy 348s

Advertisement