Previous in Forum: Assume for a Minute that We Are Not Alone in the Universe   Next in Forum: NASA Moon Mission Fake
Close
Close
Close
21 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 249

Fractal Universe?

04/07/2012 9:11 AM

Is our universe fractal in construction?

It has recently been observed that black hole pairs orbit in exactly the same way as electrons do in atoms.

Sameness in the most to the least massive objects in our universe.

Has anyone noticed the similarity between the web of dark matter ("The scaffold" upon which all solid objects in our universe cluster) to the neural network of a brain?

For a trip into the really eerie, there is a magnetic portal from the Earth to the Sun that opens periodically. A magnetic tunnel, that cannot be satisfactorily explained by physicists.Theories abound, which verifies the uncertainty.

Could the stars and planets possibly be in possession of a form of intelligence of which we are too primitive to understand, or even imagine, and that they communicate with each other, locally: magnetically, and over long distances: via the "UNN"( Universal Neural Net).

No one knows how fast communication can occur using dark energy, or dark matter as a medium.

When we observe these "Dark" features we are only seeing the tip of the "Iceberg of our ignorance".

Anything FTL would of course, be invisible to us, and a source of wonder and speculation.

Imagine that!

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

Re: Fractal Universe?

04/07/2012 9:32 AM

This might be OT and it might tie into what you're talking about............somewhat.

I have lots of very large trees in my yard. I've always wondered how they seem to "know" not to grow into each other. It's more than just available sunlight. If a large tree is right next to a slightly smaller one, although still large, the smaller of the two will yield to the larger, and actually grow away from it to give it space.

I've attempted to do some reading on this, but it ends up giving me a headache. I'll leave it to smarter people than me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Good Answers: 1662
In reply to #1

04/07/2012 10:00 AM

Aren't you confusing anthropomorphism with photo-tropism?

Sorry to keep the discussion so terrestrial.

Power-User

Good Answers: 14
In reply to #1

04/08/2012 1:23 PM

Prof. Bejan has an explanation for the trees in your yard. http://www.randomhouse.com/book/211730/design-in-nature-by-adrian-bejan-and-j-peder-zane

In reply to #17

04/08/2012 5:07 PM

Thanks. I'll check it out, as well as yamdanky's video.

Good Answers: 1727

04/07/2012 10:08 AM

What you are doing is imagining what these larger things might look like, if you could see them...Your frame of reference is that which you have seen...The similarities are both real, in some capacity, and imagined, in most capacity....In reality these things probably have very little resemblance...

In reply to #3

04/07/2012 1:27 PM

Our frame of reference is always limited in a larger sense.We only hear and see within a narrow wavelength.

Reality is much larger than that , for some, and smaller for others.Try to imagine how Helen Keller perceived the universe around her.What would "Dark Matter" or Dark Energy" mean to her?

She was cut off from our thin slice of reality, as we are cut off from the whole of reality.

We see the universe "Through a glass darkly..."

I can accept that my place in the universe is minute and that there are things that I will never know or understand. even if I were to live for millions of years.

I think living creatures(broad definition here)are serving a purpose by simply providing a view of the universe from every possible perspective,from the virus to the Blue Whale, and other life forms that we know nothing of.

And where is this information going, you may ask?

Into the universe itself, to allow it to understand and look upon itself.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Good Answers: 125

04/07/2012 10:08 AM

Fascinating conjecture.

I always read your posts because they are like a new piece of chocolate every time.

How does a redneck get so philosophical ?

In reply to #4

04/07/2012 10:46 AM

Well,I do stair at my nabel a lot!Dey uzed to put me on doze short school buzes, cause I wuz speshul.

Dey sed it wuz to sabe gaz, but I nowed bedder.

Gaz didunt cos dat muc bak den.

Anywayz, dey wus sum weal cwazy kidz on dat bus.

I got off to a bad tart, but I hab twied to do bedder dan my pierz.

Sum ub dem wint on to law scool, udders wen in to poly-ticks, and some r still in offise.

I gez I am a fale yur.

But, I hab a lot ub fun!

Tanks for weeding my posts.

In reply to #4

04/07/2012 10:46 AM

I hope HiTek doesn't mind if I jump in and answer that one. It'll be the only one I get right on this thread.

Rednecks go out of their way to free up time so they can sit around and think about stuff.

Popular Science - Cosmology - Let's keep knowledge expanding Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors -

Good Answers: 104

04/07/2012 3:33 PM

Interesting thread. Do you have a link for the magnetic portal to the sun? Are you thinking it is a neural signal for some giant intelligence that we are a virus to?

In reply to #8

04/07/2012 4:22 PM

In reply to #9

04/07/2012 4:40 PM

That's wild. I wonder what happens every eight minutes to create the portals?

CR4 Admins - CR4 Admin - CR4 Admin

Good Answers: 33
In reply to #10

04/07/2012 8:58 PM

That's still unknown. Apparently the same thing happens to Mercury at a rate 10 times higher than Earth.

Fractals, by the way, have always intrigued me. After watching that, I've never looked at a tree the same way. Amazing stuff.

Guru
Popular Science - Cosmology - Let's keep knowledge expanding Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors -

Good Answers: 104
In reply to #10

04/07/2012 11:31 PM

Eight minutes is how long it takes light and other waves to reach earth. When the magnetic waves get here, they find conscious beings which changes their state to particles, and the wave function collapses. Then it starts over.

In reply to #9

04/08/2012 4:08 AM

The pulse of the Earth?

"There is a sign post up ahead;Next stop:The Twilight Zone."

-Rod Serling

Good Answers: 774

04/07/2012 5:19 PM

To me the pictures of the known universe always remind me of the high speed pictures of the fragmentation patterns of balloons and other things bursting.

Guru

04/07/2012 6:10 PM

Lewis F. Richardson adapted the poem about fleas to meteorology, specifically discussing fractal wind patterns:

Big whorls have little whorls
That feed on their velocity;
And little whorls have lesser whorls
And so on to viscosity.

Good Answers: 14

04/08/2012 1:20 PM

Branched vascular networks are everywhere because they spontaneously self-organize. Fractal construction offers optimally efficient flow (least pressure drop), and flow is life itself. That is the contention of the stimulating new book, Design in Nature. Self-organized fractal flow occurs in river basins, circulatory systems, and (I conjecture) in the accretion disks of black holes. There is minimal pressure drop as flow goes through the network because the network is "area preserving": the cross-sectional area of the trunk is the sum of the cross-sectional areas of the twigs. Fractal flow is multi-scale, so it offers a way to span orders of magnitude in a connected flow geometry so small-scale effects can be integrated.

Good Answers: 70

04/08/2012 3:02 PM

The 'scaffolding' maps I have seen may resemble the somewhat random and jumbled neural wiring we used to believe described the brain. I've seen two articles recently suggesting that the arrangement of the brain is really much more regimented, with neural pathways radiating out from the brain stem in perpendicular sheets. I do think the filamentary structure of the visible universe (and presumably the underlying dark matter) resembles a graph of internet connections.

Participant

04/11/2012 1:00 PM

I have been getting the same strong impression when I watch anything about fractal Geometry on youtube, it shows the same patterns repeating themselves from the bottom to the top of creation.

There is a short book on itunes, Search Engines, by Jon Jonsson that explores that point.

04/28/2012 3:47 AM

According to this website www.revelatorium.com , the universe(and creation as whole) is expressed in a fractal pattern. It you jump specifically to the starrgrams(chapters) 5 and 6, the principles are explained using cubistic matrices/matrixes. Starrgram 5 states what cubistic matrices are and how they come/came about while Starrgram 6 takes you through how the creation was/is blueprinted and expressed in a fractal pattern.

Otherwise the whole book is an interesting read, filling in the gaps to what has been asked above, that including the microcosm and macrocosm.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

dNat (1); HiTekRedNek (5); johnfotl (1); kramarat (4); lyn (1); nonni55 (1); SolarEagle (1); StandardsGuy (2); tcmtech (1); wilmot (2); WJMFIRE (1); yamdankee (1)

Previous in Forum: Assume for a Minute that We Are Not Alone in the Universe   Next in Forum: NASA Moon Mission Fake

Advertisement