Previous in Forum: Is Competition Leading To Bad Science?   Next in Forum: What Medical Equipment That?
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Commentator

Good Answers: 1

How To Plan for Manufacturing Medical Equipment

04/23/2012 9:30 PM

Good Morning to all, my boss tell me that he planning for Manufacturing medical equipment.But I'm worried cause its not a very simple and maybe its a failure one in the future particularly if we have no concrete plan and raw materials.

Can you give me idea or a plan that may contribute a good plan so that I can suggest to my boss.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Guru

Good Answers: 1662

Re: How To Plan for Manufacturing Medical Equipment

04/23/2012 10:21 PM
Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Commentator

In reply to #1

04/25/2012 4:57 AM

Lyn thanks for this good link it help me with my boss to plan his project.Lyn are you engineer or scientist?

Guru
United States - Member - Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member

Good Answers: 50

04/24/2012 10:38 PM

1. Hire some people who know what to do.

2. If #1 fails, run as fast as you can from this disaster in the making.

Power-User
Engineering Fields - Biomedical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member

Good Answers: 7

04/24/2012 10:48 PM

Agreed on disaster!!!

I've been in the medical device field for over 30 years (repairing laboratory blood analyzers). Every step of the way is scrutinized, by US FDA that I know of, and potentially a life could hang on the design, quality and workmanship of the device.

Unless you have been manufacturing those devices for years, have a good working relationship with the regulatory agencies, don't take this up as a moonlighting job! TREMENDOUS hassles involved.....

In reply to #3

04/25/2012 5:05 AM

Sir Can I get your email add I will present your profile info with my boss.As of now I have problem with hettich hemacrit centrifuge.Motor is overheating even I replace now the ball baring and the resistor faulty.I check now all the load caps its all good.But same problem of the hettich when I test this day...

Engineering Fields - Biomedical Engineering - New Member Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - New Member

Good Answers: 7
In reply to #6

04/25/2012 5:45 PM

Sorry, I have no experience with that particular device. But if the motor is overheating there must be some type of friction - you said you replaced bearrings? Over voltage heating up the windings (or even a short between windings), or even air flow not allowing the motor to cool.

I'd say replace the entire motor.

Guru

Good Answers: 14

04/25/2012 12:01 AM

Bio medical equipment range varies from syringe pump to complicated CT scan. Each equipment has its own technical specification for manufacturing. Which product your organization wants to develop and manufacture? Decide it first and then proceed.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

greencomval (2); lyn (1); mrswamy (1); Sid_Sidow (2); standarded (1)

Previous in Forum: Is Competition Leading To Bad Science?   Next in Forum: What Medical Equipment That?

Advertisement