Previous in Forum: Spring Twang   Next in Forum: Ball Valves versus other types of valves
Close
Close
Close
13 comments
Commentator

NT855 Injector Pump

05/13/2007 3:50 PM

Hi I have a client who has a number of locomotives with 855 cummins engines...where would find injector pump information on this motor OTHER than cummins.....

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Power-User

Good Answers: 2

Re: NT855 Injector Pump

05/13/2007 10:55 PM

have you tried to google the parts or information? I ran a base inquire there and got a load of sites but not knowing what it is that you need I am at a stand still

Register to Reply
Commentator
Canada - Member - Eh!

Good Answers: 1

05/13/2007 11:24 PM

Cummins tends to be very tight with its proprietary rights and it may be hard to get anything for those engines other than from Cummins. We have a couple of JD tractors with the 855 Cummins and we can't get engine parts form JD - we have to go to a Cummins supplier.

Canada - Member - Eh!

Good Answers: 1
In reply to #2

05/13/2007 11:32 PM

I just noticed that each line in my post starts with Cummins (at least on my monitor). That pretty much says it all - you have to start with Cummins.

Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member

Good Answers: 3

05/13/2007 11:54 PM

Try cummins india dealers as far as i know 855s are extensively used in india on both Loco as well as other industrial applications and if i am correct manafactued only in india if you can send more deatils i can try for you.

CRM

In reply to #4

05/14/2007 2:09 AM

Hi CRM

All I have for now is that it is a NT855.They are having problems with the settings of both the injector pumps as well as the injectors.I will be seeing the guys tuesday and will attempt the get the part numbers of the pumps in question.So any assistance would be of help.

Best

Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member

In reply to #5

05/14/2007 2:39 AM

I shall try my best to help you out.Its amusing that both Cummins and Caterpillar have adapted the same game.to make sure customer runs arround for parts for older models if at all if they supply the parts they would be charging the price of new engine for parts! this is my experience.

CRM

05/14/2007 4:04 AM

All Cummins have a number on the tag called a (CPL) With that number you can go to a independant injector pump shop and they can tell all you need to know.

The cummins works on charge pressure to the injectors.

Tom

Register to Reply
Commentator

In reply to #7

05/14/2007 4:46 AM

Hi Fliptop427,

In the real world YES..but in Kenya the company has always bought on tender, so no person has or still is willing to help them...They have been doing their own pumps and injectors for a while..how long I have no idea.They lack even the basics because no relationship was developed between them and suppliers...so they sit I said I would try to assist.When I looked at the manner in which they repair..well I understand why the fuel usage is so high.I even looked at cummins web site to see if the engine was there but it is not, now a real question of how to assist.I still need to get the corect details of the injectors and the pumps then ask again.

many thanks

In reply to #8

05/14/2007 5:53 AM

I am enclosing the contact address of Cummins Kenya

Simba Colt Motors Ltd
PowerSystems Division
Shimo-La-Tewa Road
PO Box 48296 Code 00100
Nairobi
Kenya

Tel: [254-20] 531231 / 535428 / 535429
Fax: [254-20] 531230 / 531233 / 543925
Email: ced@simbacolt.com

Further youwill not find the engine deatils because the perticular engine you are mentioneing for loco application is custom built you need to contact cummins with engine cerial Number for any help.As an ex CAT Application engineer i am telling you this all industrial application engines are custom built that includes Loco engines also Secondely Cummins are bound to provide service support whatever the mode of buying at any part of the world you can contact Cummins columbus and ask for help if your dealer is not helping you.

CRM

Location: Sitting directly behind my keyboard in Albuquerque - USA
Good Answers: 19
In reply to #9

05/14/2007 9:13 AM

I agree with CRM that Cummins dealerships are duty bound to supply service. Even though they didn't sell the engines. If the engines we supplied by the Locomotive supplier then they are OEM sales and the local dealer should not complain. If they don't supply service, I can raise this up to VP level in Cummins USA. I'm dealing with them now on a huge global project at senior levels. I'm an Ex-Cat salesman at a dealership and sold out of my territory 95% of the time (CRM, if you were a Cat factory guy, forgive me [you probably know me then], and if you were a dealer Application Engineer, then you know what I mean that engines go in to other territories and the local dealer is responsible for warranty). There are plenty of USA "shops" that service the old NT855 and set the injection pumps and refurbish the injectors. I can probably get these settings, but for the pump, you will need a 'fuel bench' to test and set the injection pump.

In reply to #11

05/14/2007 10:16 AM

Hey Guys many thanks...Simba no longer the agent here new one I will give them a chance...and ask for assistance.The client has all the benches they need old but they work i think....I will ask the new guy and give you feedback.

best

Robert

05/14/2007 6:44 AM

try to connect a hose from impeller delivery to pump suction

these connection must be less than 0.5''

Register to Reply
Participant

10/27/2009 11:09 AM

On the pump itself it will be stamped with a CPL number. That number corresponds to the settings that fuel pump has been calibrated to. Any diesel fuel injection workshop offering Cummins PT fuel pump repair can assist you with information.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 13 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); crm (3); Diesel_Parts (1); flegelo (3); fliptop427 (1); mutantone (1); PetroPower (1); SkFarmer (2)

Previous in Forum: Spring Twang   Next in Forum: Ball Valves versus other types of valves

Advertisement