Previous in Forum: Posting Shut Off   Next in Forum: Daily Digest...
Close
Close
Close
6 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 60

Posting Images on CR4

03/02/2014 11:11 AM

For about a month, any attempt by me to post an image on CR4 gets no result. I have done it before - no problem, but after using "image path - browse" followed by "submit" nothing appears. Tried waiting 30 seconds - no difference. What has gone wrong?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 467

Re: Posting images on CR4.

03/02/2014 11:23 AM

Once you locate the image on your HD, desktop, or whatever, are you clicking "open", before clicking on submit?

I'll try it with your picture, after saving it to my desktop.

Worked fine for me...now I just need to get that woodpecker off my desktop, before it starts pecking holes in it.

In reply to #1

03/02/2014 12:18 PM

Thanks, but still cannot make it work. I don't know what's gone wrong. Will continue meddling later.

P.S. The woodpecker will be OK as long as your computer is free of wood.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 23

03/02/2014 12:53 PM

... I had the same issue. make sure your pix is compressed and not a full blown 2 or 3 MB.

I run my stuff through MSN Office 2010 .... OPEN....EDIT....Compress.... SAVE as Web Document. It will shrink THAT copy from 1.5 MB to maybe 175 kb.

I was also told by my good buddies here, to get Google Chrome BUT only use it for CR4. I did and I put it on that TASK BAR at the bottom. I made sure and NOT check off that I wanted it as my DEFAULT browser. I click on it ONLY for CR4 and everything is ca ce bon!

just my opinion. I am one of the dumbest ones on here!

In reply to #3

03/05/2014 3:19 PM

"I am one of the dumbest ones on here!"

On no you're not! I used Firefox (rather than Chrome) and was able, at last, to insert a picture. See Roger Pink's entry about Albany. Thanks for your advice, without it I would have given up. The question is: Why has Internet Explorer stopped inserting? Just too weird.

Register to Reply
Guru
United States - Member - Lifelong New Yorker Popular Science - Biology - Animal Science Technical Fields - Technical Writing - Technical Writer

Good Answers: 59

Re: Posting Images on CR4

03/03/2014 11:41 AM

Which web browser are you using? Firefox is the best one for posting images onto CR4.

Have you tried posting an image from a URL?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #4

Re: Posting Images on CR4

03/03/2014 11:57 AM

Normally use IE, but have Firefox and Chrome on toolbar - just in case. Will try both as soon as I can and report back here. Bogged down with other stuff just at the moment. Life is becoming one constant "battle" against officialdom, crooked products & services, airlines with cancelled flights, compensation claims, etc. - and to make it all worse, it all has be done through the internet. The ability to speak to someone seems to have vanished forever.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

energyconversion (3); kramarat (1); netmaker (1); SavvyExacta (1)

Previous in Forum: Posting Shut Off   Next in Forum: Daily Digest...

Advertisement