Previous in Forum: Classeq is looking for a R&D Manager   Next in Forum: Precision machining company in China
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor

An Exciting Opportunity Has Arisen for a Senior Software Integration and Deliver

10/13/2014 9:56 AM

Senior Software Integration & Delivery Engineer-00027787
Description
Senior Software Integration and Delivery Engineer

BAE Systems Maritime - Naval Ships encompasses complex ship design, build and combat systems capability for the surface fleet.
We design and build a full range of naval ships, giving customers the capability to fulfil extensive naval operations. We also develop and integrate state of the art combat systems for the surface fleet, equipping customers with the best possible information to operate effectively in modern naval environments.
Join as a Senior Software Integration and Delivery Engineer and you'll find we offer a wealth of career options. From offshore patrol vessels through to Type 26 and QEC Aircraft Carriers, the projects you'll be involved in will set new standards, and form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come.
We are the sole supplier and integrator of combat management systems (CMS) for the UK Royal Navy's surface and sub-surface fleet. Our CMS products support planning, tactical picture compilation, decision-making and weapon control to meet multiple emergent threats in blue water and littoral operations. CMS-1 is the heart of the combat system, providing situational awareness and weapon control from its consoles.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Software Integration and Delivery Engineer
BAE Systems Maritime - Naval Ships is responsible for hugely complex and innovative undertakings and we require an enthusiastic and talented Senior Software Integration and Delivery Engineer to join us in the CMS1 product team.
The role will include the integration of the various CMS software components to deliver a functional, reliable and performing system.
The software is developed in-house, some is supplied from 3rd party sub-contractors and some are commercial products. The team will build the software components to operate in a networked, COTS PC based system architecture, running MS Windows Operating Software. Much of the work will be performed at the base office but the role will also require occasional work off-site at land-based combat system integration sites, supplier sites and on-board RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System delivery.
You will be responsible for pulling software from other teams, testing it/ trouble shooting it and liaising with other teams, using problem solving skills to identify problems with the software.
Your skills and qualifications
Extensive experience with Integration and Acceptance of software
Significant experience working with Windows configuring, installing or integrating Windows applications
Experience developing real time systems
Experience of Automated program deployment using Symantec Ghost, Microsoft System Installer (MSI), Microsoft SysPrep and Microsoft ImageX
Experience of using scripting tools - VB Script, Powershell, WMI, Auto IT, Windows Batch etc.
Exposure to MS Windows XP/7/Server functionality including Windows Active Directory
Knowledge of programming languages such as: Ada, C++, C#, Visual Studio, Solaris, UNIX, TCP/IP, VMWare Products
This is a full time role and will be based at our site in New Malden, Surrey.
We offer a competitive salary and BAE Systems generous benefits package, including flexible working, competitive holiday allowance, pension, share incentive plan, work life integration policy and child care vouchers.
BAE Systems aim to recruit the very best talent and welcomes applications from a diverse range of people, from all backgrounds and with many different skills, experience and perspectives.

Inspiring work, Inspiring People

Job: Engineering
Primary Location: GB-ENG-SRY-New Malden
Closing Date 06/Nov/14, 2:59:00 AM
APPLY HERE: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/fb9123ab0a02

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: software
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 940

Re: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Integration and Deliver

10/13/2014 10:07 AM

Golly gee wilikers Batman. Somebody that refuses to follow our guidelines wants to hire me. I wonder, if they cannot follow our simple rules, will they follow the rules of law or rip me off for everything they can take from me?

Good Answers: 1666

Re: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Integration and Deliver

10/13/2014 10:18 AM

I'll take the job.

I have extensive experience in many and diverse fields.

I am proficient in powering up and powering down computers and hair dryers.

I can read and have good grammatical skills.

My base salary requirement is $125,000.00 USD per your plus per diem and housing allowance of $60,000.00 USD/year.

PM me with the acceptance paperwork.

Register to Reply
Guru

Location: Large hole formally occupied by furry woodland creature.
Good Answers: 97

10/13/2014 11:03 AM

Caution! excited senior software arising?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

lyn (1); redfred (1); Unredundant (1)

Previous in Forum: Classeq is looking for a R&D Manager   Next in Forum: Precision machining company in China

Advertisement