Previous in Forum: Air Motors and Pneumatic Trolleys   Next in Forum: Motors and Pumps - Reducing Power Absorption
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Anonymous Poster

Lubricant Types and Grades

07/18/2007 3:32 AM

Hello Sir,

I wanted to know the differennt grade of lubrication used in plant and there application and grade meanings.

Regards,

Aravind

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Anonymous Poster

Re: Lubricant Types and Grades

07/19/2007 1:09 AM

Aravind, If you are a practising maintenance Engineer I would strongly recommend you to get hold a book titled "Handbook of Lubrication and Tribology" -Vol I published by STLE(Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers) bearing ISBN No: 0-8493-2095-X, which gives all the Info you want on the subject. It might be a little pricey though. Thanks. Radirs.

Power-User
Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 1

07/19/2007 3:09 AM

Try these people they supply all types from domestic to military. http://www.morrislubricants.co.uk/

07/19/2007 4:51 AM

Hi Aravind,

I work for a company called Interflon, and I am MLT 1 (Machine Lubrication Technician) quailified by Noria (International Council For Machine Lubrication) and would be happy to help you with what you would like to know, please feel free to contact me via our website.

Best Regards,

Ben Morgan, Technical Advisor, Interflon UK

Guru

Good Answers: 30

07/19/2007 9:25 AM

Many of the manufacturers of industrial lubricants such as Mobil or Shell have application information about their products on there web sites. Some of them have a broad enough offering to get a feeling for the common industrial lubricant types and their uses. As for an engineering understanding of tribology hit the books. Of coarse a technical background is needed to understand the material.

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); davah (1); DaveB (1)

Previous in Forum: Air Motors and Pneumatic Trolleys   Next in Forum: Motors and Pumps - Reducing Power Absorption

Advertisement