Previous in Forum: Calculating Silencer Distances in HVAC Systems   Next in Forum: Lubricant Types and Grades
Close
Close
Close
9 comments

Air Motors and Pneumatic Trolleys

07/18/2007 1:02 AM

members, i need a help from u ppl....

im doin my 3rd year btech... nd its time to do my mini project...
d topic is FABRICATION OF A PNEUMATIC TROLLEY.....

my design is dat to move, a trolley(a material handling machine, dat may b used in moving small machine parts inside an assembly line or so...) using only compressed air....

d design consists of a storage tank.... in which compressed air can b stored... d outlet frm d tank is used to work a "AIRMOTOR"(which is a device dat converts pneumatic pressure into mechanical work....)

i searched d net for specs of dis airmotor... bt in vain....
i didnt even got a pic showing d working of airmotor....

anyone here knoes anythin abt dis thing?????

plzzzzzz help me out guys......!!!!!

any details abt pneumatics, airmotor and any further betterment in dis design is also welcome....

*d assumtion is dat d industry where dis trolley is used is completly pneumatised...(pneumatc pipings go all over d factory.., so dat d air tank in d trolley can b refilled frm where it stops.. )

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: airmotor pneumatics
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Re: DOUBTS ABT AIRMOTORS>>>>

07/18/2007 6:06 AM

Hi royalmex,

Sometime ago my company developed and patented an air motor which could deliver high torques at very low smooth speeds (no gearbox required). The motor had good efficiency with regard to air consumption and could be controlled for velocity and direction.

We put together a scheme for pneumatic agv's for automated material handling (much as you describe) regretably, we could not get interest in the project and abandoned the scheme.

I can give you limited (within restictions on confidentiality in my contract) help if you let me know what you are looking for.

regards,

Cadmad

Register to Reply

In reply to #1

07/18/2007 12:48 PM

hii cadmad....

thanx for ur reply...

d things i wanna knoe is abt d specs of d airmotor.... like, hw much air is needed for pulling a specific mass, for a specific distance, hw much air is needed... nd all...

d relations between these... and if u don mind, i want sme pictures too....

regards,

royalmex

Register to Reply
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51
In reply to #5

07/19/2007 12:44 AM

What cadmad and others are saying is that your spelling is overly abbreviated. I type like that when I send text messages on my cellphone but never in e-mail, forums, or blogs. It's bad form and gives people a bad impression about you. As suggested, type your problem with proper spelling, no abbreviations and you might get better answers.

In reply to #6

07/19/2007 12:33 PM

thank you very much Mr.Vulcan for your kind information...

yes i will start it fresh....

for the kind notice of every one,

I am doing my 3rd year engineering graduation... and its time to do my mini project...
My topic is "FABRICATION OF A PNEUMATIC TROLLEY"

My basic design is to move, a trolley (a small material handling machine, that may be used in moving small machine parts inside an industry like an assembly line or so...) using only compressed air....

The structure consists of a storage tank, in which compressed air can be stored... d outlet from d tank is used to work a "AIR MOTOR"(which is basically device that converts pneumatic pressure into mechanical work....). I got details about the parts up to this.

But the air motor's specifications are not available anywhere i searched.

Very little details are available about the AIR MOTOR.

Even a picture was very difficult to find. I like to know the working of the airmotor. If anybody in the forum who has expertised is this field, please help me in finding any details of the airmotor.

any details about pneumatics, air motor and any further betterment in dis design is also very welcome....

*the assumption is that the industry where this trolley is used, has a pneumatic source...(ie ., pneumatic pipings go all over the factory.., so that the air tank in the trolley can be refilled from where it stops.. )

Register to Reply
Guru
Philippines - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - Who am I?

Good Answers: 51
In reply to #7

07/19/2007 10:22 PM

Cooper Tools have a line of air motors that we use. Be warned, however, that air motors are not very efficient. The ones we use are only for emergency situations such as a power failure.

If the power goes out, the air motor starts up and runs the machine so that we can shut it down in a safe manner. When you hear it running, you can tell that it uses up a lot of air and make lots of noise! There are other, more efficient, models however.

The two types, rotary vane and piston type, are the most common. Their catalog gives drawings and specifications which can give you some idea of how they work.

http://www.cooperpowertools.com/catalog_pdf/index.cfm?parent1=5

07/18/2007 6:33 AM

Your problem is that search engines are set up in standard ENGLISH and not the CRAP you are typing into this forum.

You are obviously smart enough to do this correctly if you have made it to your third year in a technical curriculum. (This is assuming that you have not had all your work done by others on forums like this one.)

Try again, this time asking proper questions and see if you get better results.

By the way, if you would like to see a working air motor, go to the toy store and see an "air hog" airplane.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - Fishing - Old Salt Hobbies - CNC - New Member United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member

Good Answers: 266
In reply to #2

07/18/2007 8:28 AM

LOL

Good Answers: 7
In reply to #2

07/18/2007 9:11 AM

Really! He has no problem with pneumatic and yet rambles on with gibberish. This is clearly not a language translation barrier.

I don't have a problem with a student attempting to seek some assistance on a specific issue they're having trouble with, but begging and pleading for the answers?

It's your project.

You do it!

It's called learning.

Re: Air Motors and Pneumatic Trolleys

07/20/2007 2:10 AM

I suggest that you visit;

www.dynatork.co.uk

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 9 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); Cadmad (2); mareng (1); ozzb (1); royalmex (2); Vulcan (2)

Previous in Forum: Calculating Silencer Distances in HVAC Systems   Next in Forum: Lubricant Types and Grades

Advertisement