Previous in Forum: Positioner DVC2000/6010 Not Positioning at Known Signal   Next in Forum: What is This?
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Associate

Pneumatic Actuators

03/17/2018 7:45 AM

I have been working in a valve manufacture industries.

Recently I learned about tandem actuator. Is there is any tandem actuator for rack and pinion type?is there is any possible way to couple the two rack & pinion to get more torque under the tandem principle?

I have come across a drawing of my competitor he had implemented the same principle on a normal rack and pinion type by one above the other how it is possible.

Kindly share the lecturer or some information on this.

It will be very useful for my career development.

Login to Reply
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Hobbies - Musician - Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Location: Moses Lake, WA, USA, Thulcandra - The Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis)
Good Answers: 194

Re: Pneumatic Actuators

03/18/2018 1:43 AM

Why not buy one of your competitors' valves and reverse-engineer it? Does that sound unethical to you?

Good Answers: 128

03/18/2018 4:55 AM

Have you considered scotch yoke type actuator? Can give higher torque at valve disc break-out, which might be all you need. Plenty of data on the web.

In reply to #2

03/20/2018 11:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but scotch and yoke actuator is a costlier option and we can't afford those for a price competitive market like India. That's the reason we are looking for this option.

Login to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 809
In reply to #4

03/21/2018 10:04 AM
  • Without an USP, price is the only selling point.
  • Re-engineering the equipment such that it creates an USP will yield advantages and reduce dependence on price competitiveness.

Good Answers: 87

03/19/2018 11:22 AM

You are looking for a Rotork RHQ actuator. It uses double acting parallel cylinders and a rack an pinion drive.

Login to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Login to Reply 5 comments
Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Codemaster (1); Jpfalt (1); Kumarasrdx (1); Mikerho (1); PWSlack (1)

Previous in Forum: Positioner DVC2000/6010 Not Positioning at Known Signal   Next in Forum: What is This?

Advertisement