Previous in Forum: What is the Resistance of This Circuit, and How is it Calculated?   Next in Forum: Dynamic Loading of Switchboard on Civil Foundation
Close
Close
Close
7 comments
Participant

Chroma 19057 to Cortek SE-2420

05/06/2019 11:41 AM

Hello all,

My company just purchased the Cortek DUT safety enclosure SE-2420. Our intentions are to use it with our Chroma 19057 tester.

With a recent change in our org chart....no one knows how to connect the two for safe operation.

Can anyone help a novice out with step by step instructions/help for this.

We would like to use the door to start / end test with the tower lights in operation as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1728

Re: Chroma 19057 to Cortek SE-2420

05/06/2019 1:02 PM

Seems pretty straight forward....

..." The enclosure comes equipped with a magnetic safety interlock switch and chassis ground connection that must be wired from the safety tester to the safety enclosure for safe operation. See below for key features and options."...

https://www.cortektestsolutions.com/products/safety-enclosure/

In reply to #1

05/06/2019 1:31 PM

Thanks for your reply..."seems pretty straight forward"...except....still don't know how to make connections from one to the other.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 1728
In reply to #3

05/06/2019 2:48 PM

I guess it depends on what type of testing you are going to be doing....but generally speaking the safety switch on the enclosure hood breaks the voltage to the tester when opened, and the red/green light is the fail/pass indicator..

https://cdn.testequity.com/documents/pdf/19056-19057-ds.pdf

http://www.hipot.com/docs/guide-to-electrical-safety-testing.pdf

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 818

05/06/2019 1:24 PM

Yes. The equipment manufacturer can, of course. Pick up the phone and make the call.

In reply to #2

05/06/2019 1:38 PM

O yeah ! Did that first. I have not heard back...thought I would try here where all the knowledge is

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 251

05/07/2019 4:57 AM

I do not know your skill or training level,but if you cannot figure out a simple series circuit,you should not be working on this very critical life-or-death(corporate)type device. Get a qualified technician to do any modifications and to assume the liability risks associated with modifying it. A word to the wise......

Power-User

Good Answers: 6
In reply to #6

05/07/2019 8:26 AM

I agree with HiTek. If you are totally lost on this you need to find someone that is not. It is mainly hooking up jumpers from the tester to the enclosure but you need a very good understanding of what you are doing to end up with a safe system that does what you need. Find a technician that has experience with test stations.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Register to Reply 7 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

HiTekRedNek (1); lrsheldon (1); Michael Helmerci (2); PWSlack (1); SolarEagle (2)

Previous in Forum: What is the Resistance of This Circuit, and How is it Calculated?   Next in Forum: Dynamic Loading of Switchboard on Civil Foundation

Advertisement