Previous in Forum: What is New Science?   Next in Forum: Prius Prime Replacement
Close
Close
Close
13 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 52

Innovative Covid 19 Spray CROWNase

07/30/2021 2:11 AM

I read about an innovative Covid 19 spray, called CROWNase to help fight off the virus. This was a month or so ago and I'm hoping it gets fast track status.

CROWNase can be administered as an inhaler or many other ways including a pill. What I could get from this - based on my limited understanding of Covid - is that CROWNase strips a protective coating from the spike, leaving it exposed to damage. Hmm, sounds interesting!

Someone who understands this can hopefully help all of us understand how this works. I found a video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDseuu2FL1w

For those who want more information, here's the article I read. https://www.iit.edu/news/promising-new-covid-19-treatment-development-illinois-tech

You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 145

Re: Innovative Covid 19 Spray CROWNase

07/30/2021 3:24 PM

The only protection from Covid-19 you will need is the available vaccines and a dose of common sense, that is, avoid environments where the virus is easily spread, especially those populated by the unvaccinated idiots.

Good Answers: 145
In reply to #1

07/30/2021 3:52 PM

Sorry, I didn't read the links that you provided before I made a kneejerk reply thinking this was just another internet BS scam. OK, this is real research, but it is something far out in the future if it should work. Until then, my initial statement stands.

In reply to #2

07/31/2021 3:00 AM

Seeing the two latest variants, I'm thinking that the only solution is a drug that destroys the virus. Until then, we'll be stuck with the open again, close again, mask up, masks off society.

If we can fast track the vaccines, I would think we could fast track a drug to destroy Covid, once it's in your body. Add this to vaccines and we have a one - two punch to finally knock down all variants and even other Covid viruses.

And, for those who choose not to vaccinate, they will have something that will keep them from getting sick.

I see it as a huge opportunity for humanity.

Anonymous Poster #1

08/02/2021 4:00 AM

Does it work as well as ingesting/injecting bleach? Does it work as well as imaginarily getting UV light into your bronchi? How do any side effects compare with hydrochloroquine? Or does anyone even remember that?

Login to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 402
In reply to #4

08/03/2021 5:01 PM

You’re an idiot.

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #5

08/04/2021 1:38 AM

Sez you. How well did you like those other "remedies", if you've actually tried any of them?

Login to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 402
In reply to #6

08/04/2021 12:32 PM

Congratulations

From a gutless idiot, you’ve now devolved into an ass.

In reply to #6

08/04/2021 8:00 PM

I don't know if you've ever been to a university, so I won't make any assumptions.

If you have attended and graduated with a BS or graduate degree from a decent university, you would be able to appreciate how innovative this solution to Covid is. If not, then nobody here can help you.

In reply to #4

08/04/2021 7:56 PM

I feel very sorry for you. This is an engineering site, where scientific topics are discussed. For this anonymous poster, who is too closed minded to even consider a very feasible solution to a worldwide problem, well, we here know not to take a post like your seriously.

On the other hand, for someone to not understand the difference between research performed at a well respected university research department and "others" who are not experts in the field, well ...

In reply to #4

08/04/2021 8:27 PM

I think this will help you understand a little about the institution you have mistakenly sleighted. There are some very important people on this list, with well over a century of reknown.

IIT Hall of Fame

08/04/2021 8:15 PM

I think I should state that this research study is performed at the school I received my BS/EE back in 1987.

I read about CROWNase in a newsletter sent to alumus. I thought it was very interesting and I thought it would be good to share it with other science minded people. Since we discuss Covid solutions here, it should be a good forum.

Good Answers: 32

08/08/2021 4:52 AM

About 8 months ago I was annoying a few friends with my obvious brilliance (yes I do really have friends) when one of them said he had heard of this research from his sister-in-law (a virologist). She claimed that this had been in early stage testing, I believe it was in Europe (maybe France). Lets hope it's the real deal.

In reply to #12

08/09/2021 12:41 AM

Thanks for sharing.

Back in May 2020 or somewhere around there, a client of mine told me about something they (their company) had invented. It was a product that would destroy the Covid particle. I was told that the cost to get it through the first round of testing was north of $100K. The company didn't feel they had deep enough pockets to make it to market.

I think there are people thinking of solutions like this. I'm glad to hear someone in Europe has researched this as well - let's hope someone can bring a product to market quickly!

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); Autobroker (6); gringogreg (2); not so smart (1); phoenix911 (2)

Previous in Forum: What is New Science?   Next in Forum: Prius Prime Replacement

Advertisement