Previous in Forum: Velocity Inlet to a Pump   Next in Forum: Depth of Water by Timing the Bubbles
Close
Close
Close
28 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 240

You are Being Followed

09/30/2021 9:18 AM

We are being followed everywhere we go.Everything we buy,even our private home conversations are monitored by Smart TV's by default,and one must drill down many menu layers to turn it off;and it may not actually turn off,only informing you that it is off.

It is very simple to change the status displayed without affecting the process.

Thousands of cookies and trackers follow you everywhere,under the guise of providing you with more selective choices for pop ups and links.

Pop ups can be stopped(maybe) but trackers are more persistent.

If a person was following you like this,it would be considered stalking and it would be illegal.

LED lights can also be used as information transmitters and receivers.

Who ever disassembles a LED light to examine the internals carefully?Even then,the functions could be embedded in a tiny circuit.

With smart power and water meters,they could be piggybacked onto their signal.

Power and water can be turned off remotely without our consent.

Why do we let our privacy be invaded like this?

Big money is the reason.

Big business and MSM is now in control of our government.

If the information falls into the wrong hands,it could be disastrous.

Paranoid?Sure I am,but a little paranoia is healthy in today's climate.

"Bye Bye American Pie"..Don McLean

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 1671

Re: You are being followed

09/30/2021 9:52 AM

Then how come they can never find anybody without somebody giving them the information....

Good Answers: 31

Re: You are Being Followed

09/30/2021 12:54 PM

Fourth Amendment protections only apply to government intrusion; not corporate intrusion.
And I believe those protections from government intrusions vanish when there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.

In reply to #2

09/30/2021 1:25 PM

So a Peeping Tom is not breaking the law?

In reply to #2

09/30/2021 1:38 PM

There is definitely an expectation of privacy in your home,and your car,and you should be able to go anywhere without being followed.What if someone in a car followed you in your car everywhere you went,every day,24/7? That is called stalking.

What if someone had microphones in every room of your home?

Would that bother you?

Everything you buy now is internet connected,all appliances,tools etc.

I will just keep repairing my old stuff till parts are no longer available.

My old stand-by 1959 F100 Ford pickup,with points,plugs,condenser,carb.

Straight six cylinder workhorse.

The odometer has turned over so many times it is worn out and does not work anymore.

I have newer vehicles,but this one is an old friend that never lets me down.

If we are ever hit by an EMP from a solar flare event or enemies,it will still run.

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 916
In reply to #5

09/30/2021 1:42 PM

So how do you post messages on CR4, smoke signals?

In reply to #7

09/30/2021 5:15 PM

No.

Drums.

The vibrations are passes along by the friends in my network to a remotes server with a VPN,which is connected to another VPN,and another and another,and they rotate locations at a random rate.

Just kidding..I don't know what I am talking about.I just don't put anything on the web that I do not want to live forever.

When I put anything on the web I am aware that it is in the public domain and there is no expectation of privacy,even with TORR..That is different than a conversation in your living room.Get it?

Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - Been there, done that. Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

In reply to #11

09/30/2021 5:27 PM

Of course, I get it. If the curtains are drawn on your living room and bedroom windows then you should expect privacy. If you can look out from either room onto a public space and see people's faces when those curtains are open then you should be decently clothed when the curtains are open. You shouldn't frighten the horses.

There is an obligation to obtaining privacy.

In reply to #12

09/30/2021 5:33 PM

The problem is you cannot close the curtains on the new internet-enabled devices.

In reply to #14

09/30/2021 5:43 PM

Maybe you can't close internet curtains but it can be done. Therein lies your point. Many IoT programmers do not provide proper security in their products the public can utilize or even comprehend. They only provide convenience for the user without any filtering of who is considered a user.

United States - Member - I am a Yankee Doodle Boy. Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - Old School is the best school. Safety - ESD - Safety Mgr that keeps the peace Hobbies - DIY Welding - My Motto:

Good Answers: 26
In reply to #5

09/30/2021 2:30 PM

So I really do care if they have info on me or not. I have nothing to hide so no paranoia. lol

You made reference to EMP burst survival.

I am not sure I understand the nature of the effects of and EMP but I thought that as long as it was not turned on that an EMP would not have any effect on electronics.

If that is not the case then why would points and condenser ignition survive any better?

In reply to #8

09/30/2021 3:28 PM

An EMP can damage unpowered electronics but it is much more likely to damage powered electronics. An EMP taking out the electronics of an automobile is not very likely. Most automobiles provide a very effective Faraday shield with the chassis and metallic skin of the body. A ground strike of lightning produces a significant EMP but cars typically don't mysteriously die in a thunderstorm. (Vehicles using Lucas "the prince of darkness" automotive electronics are an obvious exception.)

In reply to #9

09/30/2021 5:30 PM

A Solar EMP(CME) shut down most of Canada's power grid in 1989, so it depends on the intensity of the pulse.It was much more powerful than a nearby lightning strike.

This was before the internet had wide coverage.

A pulse of that magnitude today would total shut down the net.

Check out this link for more info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_1989_geomagnetic_storm#Military

In reply to #8

09/30/2021 5:07 PM

Electromagnetic pulses can destroy solid state devices by induced current.

CMOS devices are capacitively coupled,so a surge can destroy them,from static or EMP.

The old fashioned points are mechanical dry contacts,and the capacitor is metal encased and grounded to the chassis and they are designed to handle high voltages.

There is also more metal in the hood of my old truck than in many complete new cars,which is a good shield,even though it does not need it with the "Flintstone" ignition system.

In reply to #10

09/30/2021 8:35 PM

I enjoy reading the banter and the things I learn along the way.
What impact might EMP have on magnetic ROM?
Combined with "first to file," lack of legal recourse regarding computer invasion, and the reality that we are not protected against corporate intrusion could have significant intellectual property implications.
As a side note: If the new secret space weapon was a sat based system that could identify a person and M.A.S.E a hole in their head would the right to privacy take on a whole new meaning and importance?

Good Answers: 272
In reply to #16

10/01/2021 5:18 AM

Microwave-Assisted Solvent Extraction ???

In reply to #19

10/01/2021 7:57 AM

M.a.s.e,in this case is like a laser,but with microwaves instead of photons. Microwave Amplification by Simulated Emission of Radiation.

In reply to #19

10/01/2021 11:18 PM

MASE : Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission.
As in using a MASER as a weapon.

09/30/2021 1:22 PM

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

09/30/2021 1:40 PM

iik ...mummy

so don't do anything you don't want to see in your portfolio ?

GD chinese -- https://www.delfi.lt/en/politics/probe-in-lithuania-chinese-5g-smartphones-pose-cyber-security-risks.d?id=88245089

09/30/2021 8:53 PM

"LED lights can also be used as information transmitters and receivers. Who ever disassembles a LED light to examine the internals carefully?Even then,the functions could be embedded in a tiny circuit."
Interesting; but why not just modulate the input voltage on the LED transmitter? Either FMod or AMod should work.
Or just light the place up with a high density field and listen to the induced currents in any of the many of usable conductors probably present?
Privacy is a moot point; unless you have a ton of money forget about it.
Hell, I don't even bother turning off the mikes in my security cameras. I figure if the technically capable are interested in me they would just turn them back on again anyway.
If you stay checked-out from the B.S. what difference does it make?

In reply to #17

10/01/2021 5:02 AM

Modulating the current to lights was used many years ago with fluorescent lights to communicate with product shelf labels,back when "C" was the major programming language.

It was used to update prices of products automatically without having to print and install regular labels on the shelves.

Each shelf display had a software addressable label.

Game shows used the blanking interval t on tv's to allow participants at home to play the game.The data was sent to the receiving console.

That technology was one-way only.That was okay.

Now it is 2 way.Not okay with me.

I would not like to take a dump in public;Not that I am doing anything wrong,but everybody's business is nobody's business,if you will pardon the pun.

All the info gathered is stored and can be reviewed and filtered at leisure.

In the hands of a future hostile government this could be very dangerous.

Government employees for instance, could be targeted,as well as anyone else that presented a possible potential threat to the current regime.

Creating a virus that would only affect an individual's personal DNA is possible,maybe not yet,but in the future.

Resistance would truly be futile.

Turn the corner,the collective awaits.

In reply to #18

10/01/2021 11:23 PM

The great dichotomy of science and engineering. You cannot see the light without being exposed to the darkness.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 809

10/01/2021 8:04 AM

Please feel free to share that with anyone who gives a damn.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 401

10/02/2021 12:26 AM

One of these helps ensure that Smart TV really is OFF. Or any other annoying electronic appliance. Saves a few watts too.

Login to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

Good Answers: 272
In reply to #24

10/02/2021 4:32 AM

Most UK wall sockets incorporate switches:-

This "universal" sockets appears to me to be USA plug compatible

BG Nexus 827L

In reply to #24

10/02/2021 7:10 AM

I was referring to when the TV is on,and the option to turn off voice monitoring is turned "off" via software.

It is very simple to change a status indicator on screen from "ON' to "OFF" without actually performing the function indicated.

(Show the customer what they want to see, make them relax,then do as you please.)

There is no true escape from the "Grid" anymore,unless you live in a cave and eat nuts and berries.

And even then,like bears,salmon,and hundreds of other species you may be captured and embedded with a chip.

This may sound like paranoia run amok,but in 50 years or less,non-tagged humans may be considered criminals and hunted like animals are today.

Today,trackers smaller than a speck of pepper are available,so when you season your food,you may be tracked.

So who wants to know where 300 million people go,and who has time to review this data?

No one.Programs are written to screen for key words in a conversation,a net of sorts,and the whole conversation is marked for further analysis.

Advertisers can use this to send appropriate ads to potential customers.

If I mention a trip to the Bahamas,or Paris, in my home,to my wife,within a few hours there are cookies or pop ups offering deals on travel and accommodations.

I have baited this with false narrative for testing.

You should try it.

Wait a minute.. a van just pulled up in my driveway...are these men dressed in white gowns coming to take me away?

"(Some say I am paranoid,but they are just jealous because they can't hear the voices.)"---unknown

Cheer up.Life is short.Eat dessert first.

In reply to #26

10/03/2021 1:19 AM

When we focus on the darkness; it envelopes us.
Intrusion technology now comes in the form of a "cookie."
So what.
If you cant work through it, work around it; but continue the work.
Remember the skunk and crowd analogy. Where there is a crowd in a fenced area and in one corner of the fence is a skunk. If you tangle with the skunk you will get the stink all over you, and probably a lot of other people. It is best just to just point at the skunk and plainly and clearly state; "There is a skunk over there;" and get on with life.

In reply to #27

10/03/2021 3:46 AM

Take my posts with a grain of salt...err..make that a block of salt...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSpX9PtxwH0

Interested in this discussion?
You can "subscribe" to this discussion to be notified of new comments.
Click on the Subscribe menu at the top of the page.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Brave Sir Robin (1); ci139 (1); double_j_b (1); Gavilan (6); HiTekRedNek (10); PWSlack (1); Randall (2); redfred (5); SolarEagle (1)

Previous in Forum: Velocity Inlet to a Pump   Next in Forum: Depth of Water by Timing the Bubbles

Advertisement