Previous in Forum: Why is avalanche photodiode preferred for low light level applications?   Next in Forum: Mystery thread
Close
Close
Close
14 comments
Participant

Chevy Cruze

04/26/2022 5:59 AM

My chevy cruze keeps overheating without temperature rise on dashboard. Can I get help please.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru

Good Answers: 287

Re: Chevy Cruze

04/26/2022 7:51 AM

Good Answers: 1725

04/26/2022 12:00 PM

Probably radiator fan stopped working , turn on AC, fan should go on, if not, then that's the problem...

Guru
Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 416

04/26/2022 6:55 PM

Is the coolant filled to the proper level? Air purged from the system?

If the engine is overheating but the sensor on the dash is not registering a high temperature, perhaps the coolant level is low enough that the temperature sensor is not being immersed in the coolant and is therefore not indicating the the actual coolant temperature.

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 3)
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 817
In reply to #3

04/27/2022 7:02 AM

GA

Many fossil fuel vehicles have a level switch in the coolant head tank for indicating that at the dashboard.

In reply to #4

04/27/2022 9:39 PM

Is that what that funny yellow light is on the dashboard?

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
In reply to #5

04/29/2022 6:15 AM

Um, er, what?

Is that the one in the Owner's Manual?

In reply to #7

05/03/2022 1:29 PM

What's an Owner's Manual? Is that instructions on how to operate the Owner?

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #9

05/06/2022 10:18 AM

Er, no. That's the Owner Manual.

<...Owner's...> indicates the Saxon genitive, and a meaning along the lines of "belonging to, or intended for, the owner".

If in doubt, refer to the Royal Apostropher's office.

In reply to #10

05/06/2022 1:16 PM

If two people are listed on the title of ownership for the vehicle, then it should probably be listed as the Owners' Manual.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #11

05/10/2022 8:00 AM

<Tips hat in acknowledgement>

In reply to #12

05/10/2022 1:03 PM

I know we can have fun with this on this forum, but the state of education here in the U.S. is very concerning to me.

I can't tell you the number of people I have come across in the conduct of my work, who all have college degrees, who don't know how to do proper punctuation, let alone decent grammar and spelling. And run-on sentences too.

WTF are they teaching these kids in schools these days? This is stuff that was expected to be mastered before you left primary school.

Register to Reply Off Topic (Score 4)
Power-User

Good Answers: 10

04/28/2022 2:12 AM

It's possible to have two failures here - one being a bad temperature sensor or failed dashboard gauge stepper motor (imitates an analog meter), and the other the actual cause of overheating. The latter, as others have pointed out, could be low coolant (look for leaks), clogged radiator (especially if the coolant was diluted with tap water), stuck thermostat, collapsed radiator hose, bad fan motor, restricted airflow through the radiator, water pump not being driven (loose or missing belt) etc.

Fix the overheat problem first, then see what's going on at the instrument panel. Be sure to inspect the temperature sensor if you have a low coolant issue - a leak at the sensor could cause both problems. Don't ignore the temperature gauge if it isn't working; a properly operating gauge can help you manage the passenger compartment environment controls as well as give you warning of problem conditions.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Guru

04/29/2022 6:16 AM

Sure. Take it to a workshop and have it serviced.

This is fluids and controls, not Mechanical Engineering.

Good Answers: 125

05/10/2022 4:44 PM

Lot's of good answers here.

Don't forget Occam's razor.......the idiot light may be burned out.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Brave Sir Robin (5); MNIce (1); PWSlack (5); Randall (1); SolarEagle (1); WJMFIRE (1)

Previous in Forum: Why is avalanche photodiode preferred for low light level applications?   Next in Forum: Mystery thread

Advertisement