Previous in Forum: World's highest jumping robot   Next in Forum: Is JWST Rewriting Cosmology?
Close
Close
Close
12 comments
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Old New Member

Good Answers: 93

Dry spell

09/08/2022 4:50 AM

After weeks of constant sun & warnings of water shortages, we had our first heavy rain last night, much needed. Unfortunately I came into work to find the factory flooded & everyone busy mopping up. One extreme to another.

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 1751

Re: Dry spell

09/08/2022 6:23 AM

Well at least that's some good news, I also notice that nat gas has started to drop, don't see any reason for either one, but I guess at this point we'll take what we can get....

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 416
In reply to #1

09/08/2022 6:08 PM

As far as gas dropping, A threat of a mandate from the president.

soon the government will nationalize the energy company’s..

Anonymous Poster #1
In reply to #2

09/10/2022 3:42 PM

Ignorance is bliss.

Register to Reply
Guru
Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #7

09/10/2022 6:36 PM

Out of the shadows, an AP steps out in the light and shows how blissful they are.,… too bad they’re the only ones that don’t know that…

Good Answers: 1

09/09/2022 12:40 AM

Yep after a dry spell the ground can be less capable of soaking up a downpour, not less. I guess all that melted ice in Greenland has to go somewhere. We are now just waiting for the Antarctic ice shelves to drop into the sea, then many of us will be pumping out salt water.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Off Topic
Guru
United States - Member - Born, raised halfway 'round .....

Good Answers: 24
In reply to #3

09/09/2022 6:50 AM

May no longer be as salty... At least Not as much, unless all the salt mines also gets washed and dissolves, due to the normal dilution processes..

In reply to #3

09/09/2022 9:50 AM

During a drought the soil forms a crust, where rain would flow away, without penetrating.

farmers when cultivating corn, use that… during a dry spell, they avoid cultivating (if they don’t already do no till), where that crust will retain the moisture as long as possible. And when rain is forecast, they take the risk, and cultivate to break that crust, so rain can permeate the soil.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 822

09/09/2022 3:06 AM

Delays in its arrival at the bothy have prevented a new rainwater diverter assembly from collecting up to 600L of water into storage already erected, thereby delaying taking advantage of recent storms.

Very frustrating.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 430
In reply to #4

09/10/2022 10:55 PM

And us Yanks always thought it never stopped raining in the U.K.

Register to Reply
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
In reply to #9

09/13/2022 7:11 AM

They do get a lot wrong; it's only inexperience.

There are loads of videos on YouTwitFace available to embrace for further study.

Hobbies - DIY Welding - Wannabeabettawelda

Good Answers: 430
In reply to #10

09/15/2022 12:03 PM

So very true. I've never been to the U.K. which the missus reminds me of frequently.

Or Sicily, or Paris, or Frankfurt, or Geneva . . . .

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #4

09/13/2022 7:12 AM

Update: it is now complete and collecting nicely.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Andy Frew (1); Anonymous Poster (1); Brave Sir Robin (2); phoenix911 (3); PWSlack (3); SolarEagle (1); vsar (1)

Previous in Forum: World's highest jumping robot   Next in Forum: Is JWST Rewriting Cosmology?

Advertisement