Previous in Forum: HRW Unit- HVAC system   Next in Forum: Pressure Test of Relief Valve Body
Close
Close
Close
6 comments

What shall be Min. Wall Thickness in ERW Pipes?

01/25/2008 5:14 AM

Hi!

I have registered myself today itself as on 25th Jan2008. I am in India . I need to Know Min. Wall thickness can be consider safe in a ERW/CW pipe bearing /oilseal fitting area having outer dia.70mm ,in application of Axle tube of a three wheel Bike.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 6

Re: What shall be Min. Wall Thickness in ERW Pipes?

01/25/2008 11:12 PM

1Ajay Yadav Congratulation on being registered and aboard CR4. You will find a number of knowledgeable folks here that will prove to be very helpful. You are starting off on the right foot! A good clear statement of the information you seek. One suggestion, to avoid misunderstanding abbreviations like ERW/CW spell them out in addition to the short way to be exact and clear. SS

Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Model Rocketry - New Member

Good Answers: 14

01/26/2008 5:21 AM

1 mm is fine -if you can get.

Check with tube dealers

Register to Reply
Commentator
India - Member - Isloorkar

Good Answers: 4
In reply to #2

01/27/2008 3:48 AM

1mm wall thickness on 3 wheeler axle tube? You must be nuts! Dont opinionate if u aint got the know.

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #3

01/29/2008 10:07 AM

I think 1.5 mm will be fine, do that and see how it works

Register to Reply

In reply to #5

02/11/2008 3:57 AM

O.k . But is there any standard or benchmarking backing this dimension? reason is i would not be able to see the perfomance for testing oint of view as Assembly will dispatched once will not come back to me.

Register to Reply
Commentator

Good Answers: 3

01/28/2008 2:52 AM

Carbon steel pipe used in oil, gas and water pieline, the wall thickness has relation to diameter of pipe while manufacturing. For instance minimum diameter of pipe which could be welded is 1/8" with 1.24 mm minimum wall thicness, but the same thickness cannot be used for 12" or 20" while calculating pressure. For instance, 12" dia pipe minimum wall thickness is 3.96 mm which is Shedule 5. Similarly 20" dia, minimum wall thickness is 4.78 mm which is Schedule 5 again in this Class of pipe. Selection of thickness are made on engineering requirement and when pipe with these thicknessess are required to be manufactured under ANSI Schedule. If you are not following ANSI, on order you may use any thickness you are asked, depending upon capability of your manufacturing plant, which it can weld.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 6 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

AbdulWasay (1); Ajay Yadav (1); Anonymous Poster (1); isloorkar (1); MUKULMAHANT (1); Stirling Stan (1)

Previous in Forum: HRW Unit- HVAC system   Next in Forum: Pressure Test of Relief Valve Body
You might be interested in: Thickness Gages, Tube Fittings, Pipe Fittings

Advertisement