Previous in Forum: Pressure Test of Relief Valve Body   Next in Forum: Tendering Process Flow Chart
Close
Close
Close
5 comments
Anonymous Poster

Selection of V-Belt Drive

01/25/2008 7:24 AM

i am working in a one power transmission firm and from now onwords i have to start the selection procedure of "v-belt"

can any body help me for "v-belt selection procedure".

how do i give belt selection for my customer.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Anonymous Poster

Re: Selection of V-belt drive

01/25/2008 7:28 AM

What is the diameter of each pulley?

Guru

Good Answers: 15

01/25/2008 7:41 AM

Why don't you google v-belt manufacturers. Visit several manufacturers and look in their product catalog. Some of them will have the method defined to determine the belt length, the hp required, etc.

Happy research

Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - By Degree Engineering Fields - Manufacturing Engineering - By Profession Popular Science - Weaponology - By Interest United States - Member - Member Since My Inception

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #2

01/25/2008 8:00 AM

It looks like DDK hit this one on the nose. Identify a manufacturer to work with, and they will usually help in your education. Sometimes their catalogs provide a good selection method.

There is a very good blurb about flexible belts under the Machine Elemenets tab in the Machinery's Handbook (a very good reference to invest in). There is also an entire section devoted to gearing, wich I assume you will need to understand, since you are working with belts.

Good Luck.

Good Answers: 143
In reply to #3

01/25/2008 8:23 AM

All About and DDK have your answer. In my location, I'd simply call the Gates sales representative, lay out what I need to do, and then use his products. Not only do they provide design materials, but also CAD dwgs and phone advice.

Re: Selection of V-Belt Drive

01/28/2008 5:38 AM

refer any design book and you willl find full details for it including formulaes,belt size and pulley size

Reply to Forum Thread 5 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

All About M.E. (1); Anonymous Poster (1); ddk (1); radesh (1); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: Pressure Test of Relief Valve Body   Next in Forum: Tendering Process Flow Chart
You might be interested in: Flat Belt Pulleys, V-belt Pulleys

Advertisement