Previous in Forum: The Eisenhower Interstate Highway System: Adventures in Civil Engineering   Next in Forum: The History of the Hard Hat
Close
Close
Close
14 comments
Anonymous Poster

Water Reuse in Home by Treating Gray Water

07/05/2006 9:56 AM

KIRIT writes:
Can anyone provided the latest research, device, or system for treating and reusing gray water and toilet water for home and offices?
Treated water should be used for flushing toilets, gardening and irrigation.
Any details, especially with photos and live working projects would be much appreciated.
thanks and kind regards.

Pathfinder Tags: gray water testing
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Commentator
Popular Science - Weaponology - RaoTR

Grey Water

07/06/2006 3:08 AM

Grey water harvesting is an ongoing project in many cities in India. Domestic grey water is recycled for use as flush water for toilets and gardening. There are sites and multi-story buildings using this technique in cities such as Pune, Hyderabad etc. The harvesting consists of three steps. One is to construct underground storage tanks (RCC) and route the greay water from the houses or flats to the tanks. There will be two tanks one for inlet water and one for outlet. The inlet water tank is connected to a filtration unit where large particles are filtered out. The filtered water is then treated with a specilly formulated flocculent known as TC-1000, which will immediately settle all suspended solids. The clear water is then treated with a chemical called Micro2. Micro2 removes water, removes the colour and santizes the water and make it bacteria free. The resultant water is crystal clear water good for even human consumption. But due to pyschological issues, this water is used for toilet use and as water for gardening and horticulture. The sediments from the tanks are cleaned from time to and used as bio-fertlizer. The yoeld and the crop growth is excellent using this bio-manure. The thickness of leaves, the growth of stem etc. seem to be many times better than the chemical fertilizers. Please let me know, if you are looking for the sources of chemicals and also, if you wish to visit one or two places in around Pune.

Participant

In reply to #1

Re:Grey Water Treatment

07/27/2006 11:30 AM

I am very interested in learning more about TC-1000 and Micro 2. These are probably brand names for certain chemicals. I would very much like to incorporate a grey water collection, filtration and minimal treatment system in the house I am planning to build in Pakistan. I would like this water to supply the irrigation and other needs of the home. Since I am planning to build away from populated areas I also need information about an onsite sewage treatment system for residential effluent. The technology has to be low cost and suitable for a developing country. Many thanks to all who respond.

Active Contributor

In reply to #1

Re: Grey Water

03/04/2007 1:24 AM

Hi,
1. What kind of flocculent is the TC-1000 ? Is it implemented w/o Jar Test?
2. What is the chemical called Micro2 ? How does it work ?

Thanks

Commentator

In reply to #6

08/14/2007 4:03 PM

Hi I am really interested in the chemicals discussed in this blog,did you get any further in discovering what they were?

Thanks

Martin

In reply to #1

03/17/2007 7:14 AM

Dear Rator,
This is interesting. Please tell me more about the flocculent TC-1000, and the chemical called Micro2. I was goggling looking for the specifications of these materials but without success

Participant

In reply to #1

11/25/2009 11:41 PM

Hi

I am looking for grey water treatment solution for my house in Chennai , India,.. I am interested in the solution you have defined. I am looking for a system to recycle 1000Lts of water per day.

Please let us know the cost of installing/building a system. Monthly maintenance cost, chemical cost.

Also please mail me in detail you consultation charges to visit Chennai and implement a system .

Regards

Rajan

Reply Off Topic (Score 5)
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #1

11/30/2009 8:19 PM

Hi

I am looking for grey water treatment solution for my house in Chennai , India,.. I am interested in the solution you have defined. I am looking for a system to recycle 1000Lts of water per day.

Please let us know the cost of installing/building a system. Monthly maintenance cost, chemical cost.

Also please mail me in detail you consultation charges to visit Chennai and implement a system .

Regards

Rajan

Associate
Safety - Hazmat - PHA / HAZOP Facilitator Engineering Fields - Chemical Engineering - Principal Engineer Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - Chemical Process Engineer

Membrane Bio-reactors

07/06/2006 10:36 AM

Membrane Bio-reactors (MBR's) are being used for this in the US. Small packaged membrane plants are becoming affordable.

I agree with the other poster about the psychological issues, but the water is of excellent quality and the use of chemicals is minimized when using membrane technology.

Stephan

Technical Fields - Architecture - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electrical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member Hobbies - Target Shooting - New Member Hobbies - Hunting - New Member

Good Answers: 18

Water treatment

07/06/2006 11:38 AM

One of the folks around here bubbles ozone through dirty water to purify it, including solid matter. Research is on-going. Works great. Of course, standard stone and sand filtration to remove most solid matter is recommended prior to ozonation.

Grey Water

07/06/2006 11:29 PM

Check: Mother Earth News

Anonymous Poster

Re: Water Reuse in Home by Treating Gray Water

07/23/2007 12:47 PM

Hi Check out www.droughtplug.co.uk.Kind Regards Martin Clack.

Commentator

07/24/2007 2:28 AM

Hi Kirit

I am working on re use of bath water in domestic situations using a replacement plug for the bath plug and simple siphon technique but am working on patented through the wall exit rather through the window.

This is for DIY application but I am also working on a new plug which would be for new construction however the problem is the need for a simple and basic filtration system to go with it 'Aquasave' a new product by Sankey is expensive and requires professional installation so not for the 'masses' which is the area I think we need to concentrate.Check out my web site www.droughtplug.co.uk for a taster and if you have any thoughts on the filter mail me please.

Kind Regards Martin

08/03/2007 3:57 PM

Hi further to my last posting has anyone any thoughts on the simple filter system which might be suitable to filter the basic nasties out of bath grey water?

Thanks

Martin

In reply to #10

08/08/2018 3:38 AM

Yes.
We distribute such filter.
http://www.hametaher.co.il/products/%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%98%D7%99%D7%94%D7%95%D7%A8-%D7%95%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%97%D7%96%D7%95%D7%A8-2/%D7%A4%D7%99%D7%9C%D7%98%D7%A8-%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9D-%D7%90%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%99%D7%9D

Reply to Forum Thread 14 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (2); Bill (1); martin clack (3); monami (3); PRajan (1); raotr (1); Reversengineer007 (1); StephanChE (1); syed kamal (1)

Previous in Forum: The Eisenhower Interstate Highway System: Adventures in Civil Engineering   Next in Forum: The History of the Hard Hat

Advertisement