Previous in Forum: Water Leakage - Steam Turbine   Next in Forum: Pressure Relief Study/Calculations
Close
Close
Close
Associate
Netherlands - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 1

Recompressor Lubricator Device

06/27/2008 5:52 AM

On one of our oil and gas processing plants we have an Ariel Reciprocating Gas Compressor running with a Premier P-55U lubricator device. Does anybody have any experience with the Mean Time Between Failure of these lubricator devices? In other words, what interval should I use to exchange this device? The compressor is running 24/7 and serviced once a year during two weeks.

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: Compressor offshore process rotating
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 13

Re: Recompressor Lubricator Device

06/27/2008 8:57 AM

The lubricator has a fault detection system, you repair if it goes into default. I guess if you want, just change it once a year and inspect to old one in the shop on land wher's its cheaper. Next year swap it. MTBF is an over rated idea unless you have sigma rates. I've had lubricators fail from the factory in less than 30 days. Or I've seen then run for 5 years, not a problem.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Water Leakage - Steam Turbine   Next in Forum: Pressure Relief Study/Calculations

Advertisement