Previous in Forum: UV units   Next in Forum: Etymology of the Days of the Week
Close
Close
Close
19 comments
Power-User
United States - Member - Popular Science - Evolution - Aren't we still evolving?

Large Hadron Rap

09/02/2008 2:05 PM

Proving you can rap about anything here is a super awesome rap about the Large Hadron Collider on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Commentator

Location: Beyond the realm of consciousness. But still convenient to downtown.
Good Answers: 1

Re: Large Hadron Rap

09/02/2008 3:22 PM

Darn it. I can't access YouTube at the moment. But I'm told that video is entertaining.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, on what I assume is a very vaguely related note there is Tom Leher's "The Elements". Many versions of it can be found on YouTube.

And there's this little thing too which I enjoyed years ago.

http://www.ee.duke.edu/~wrankin/misc/tensor.html

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 415

09/02/2008 3:45 PM

what did I ever do to you?

rap, thats turture.

Good Answers: 143

09/02/2008 7:27 PM

Love it!

Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 19

09/03/2008 1:06 AM

Extra grouse.................also many other interesting videos on the LHC.

Good Answers: 15
In reply to #4

09/09/2008 11:04 PM

If you place a can of beer at the Intersection point, will it make it more bubbly?

Or would it create a Beer based Black hole, that sucks the worlds supply of beer into it.

I doubt it would destroy the earth, other extra-galactic civ's would have done these devices before, and we are still around to talk about it.

The funniest claim I have hear is "the creation of a black hole will interfere with mans quality of life, so it shouldn't be started"

If it does create a black hole, can we have all the worlds politicians and Lawers there to witness the creation, once its created, throw them all in before the hole collapses.

In reply to #13

09/10/2008 2:02 AM

Hi Snaketails,

If it does create a black hole, can we have all the worlds politicians and Lawers there to witness the creation, once its created, throw them all in before the hole collapses.

That is an absolutely brilliant suggestion, that would solve many of the worlds problems................oh!......what a wonderful world.

I see on the news today that some scientists are worried about the "black hole"...............well IF it does..............we will be like the Oozalum Bird..............it flies around in ever decreasing circles and disappears up its own fundamental orifice in a blue flash..............See you later my friend...........hahahaha.

Good Answers: 1

09/03/2008 5:14 AM

it actually IS very good, has good info, catchy beat, even Stephen Hawking's synthisized voice- but the audio quality was terrible - loud and soft... if anybody got clean audio let me know ...

United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

Good Answers: 20

09/04/2008 7:29 AM

Once again proving that 1) rap ain't "music", and 2) physics can be "fun"!

Hobbies - CNC - New Member Hobbies - DIY Welding - New Member Engineering Fields - Electromechanical Engineering - New Member

In reply to #6

09/04/2008 8:21 AM

I like that answer.

In reply to #6

09/04/2008 10:24 AM

You sure is right there Enviroman..............it sure aint music..............more like noise.

Would it be more correct to say..................explosive fun!!!!!

Sure beats fireworks.

09/04/2008 11:35 AM

As magic as the LHC is................I got to wondering (probably something new to me) and what many may say is, negatively...............a cost of US$6 billion, in round figures, for................an expensive toy for a couple of thousand physicists............who want to prove whether they are right or wrong about their theories in the construction of the nucleus of an atom............or words to that effect.

I feel that the collective minds of the brilliant scientists that built this amazing LHC could have at this point in time done something that would have been a lot more beneficial to the world of mankind.

This has distracted the attention of these people for many years and it will continue to do so. Had we world peace (relatively speaking), no hunger, no pollution/global warming, etc, yes then do something of this nature.

In reply to #9

09/04/2008 12:07 PM

I feel that the collective minds of the brilliant scientists that built this amazing LHC could have at this point in time done something that would have been a lot more beneficial to the world of mankind.

Actually results to mankind may not come into your lifetime. But like any endeavor like this 500 years from now the history books may state the forward thinking of politics and scientists for putting this thing together.

The question is if it would be beneficial or the demise of mankind.

United States - US - Statue of Liberty - New Member Hobbies - Fishing - New Member

In reply to #9

09/04/2008 12:27 PM

"...a lot more beneficial to the world..."

Oh, ye of little faith! What could possibly be more beneficial than a (large) handful of physicists proving right/wrong about their theories? Just wait a while, Newton's calculus took a couple of months to catch on too, y'know.

In reply to #11

09/11/2008 4:24 AM

Hi EnviroMan,

I still ask the question..................what is the benefit to mankind, if they theorise that the universe began with...........a BIG bang.

Is it too simple to believe Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."................probably not too simple................more likely, it is unscientific to believe in God.

However, Isaiah 40:26 explains that God is a source of dynamic energy (in some translations............but the same idea is there in others)..........energy can be used to create matter...........as it says............God created all the universe because of his power (energy).

In reply to #18

09/11/2008 8:06 AM

Maybe it will help some non-believers to believe, who knows? Guess that's the answer though, "who knows?" means nobody does, and perhaps we should. We are blessed with inquisitiveness, after all. If we weren't supposed to be curious, about God OR science, why are we?

Australia - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 16

09/05/2008 12:54 AM

What else could you get for 6 billion dollars. 2 or 3 little war ships or help prop up the public medical system.

The answers we might get from LHC could change the lives of mankind.

Better or worse?

BAB

09/11/2008 12:05 AM

I found that there is a bigger collider then this LHC, but it was disbanded before construction was completed, that was wayy back in the '90's in the USA, the LHC is small by comparison, they said something about the US Government ran out of funds before it was fully assembled.

Australia - Member - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 16
In reply to #15

09/11/2008 12:38 AM

Is that the one that was being built in Texas?

I have been wondering what had happened to that and figured it was another Iraq war casualty.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Europeans patent sub nuclear physics!

Maybe they wouldn't have to, they could just keep the results to themselves and carry on researching to produce useful by-products of what they learn.

BAB

In reply to #16

09/11/2008 2:43 AM

Yes, thats the one... the parts were sold off easily, as since the machine hadn't been turned on, the components were not radio active...

Would it be possible to redirect the output of the LHC to a hand gun, and wrangle ghosts into a nice little storage container?

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

BlueAussieBoy (2); Drone 601 (1); EnviroMan (3); gadgetman (1); MOBI (5); phoenix911 (3); Snaketails (3); TVP45 (1)

Previous in Forum: UV units   Next in Forum: Etymology of the Days of the Week

Advertisement