Previous in Forum: PC LAN connection with DVR   Next in Forum: 6 volts too much?
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Participant

surveilliance system

09/17/2008 11:32 AM

I need to design a surveillance system , which should be able to capture human sized objects from a distance of 30m. Which is the best suggested less cost image sensor .

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".
Power-User

Good Answers: 3

Re: surveilliance system

09/18/2008 12:15 AM

In order for anyone to assist you, details about what all you are needing to do is essential. With what little you cite, one can only assume that you are wanting info about video. If so, then you need to designate number of cameras and how you want to collect them (by cable or wireless); and maybe important to you is resolution.

You seem to lean toward low cost, but I sense you have other specification perhaps.

e.g. I have one in my home where it only records (programmable sense levels) on a SIM card. Works nice.

There are numerous vendors that have "system" video 'in a box'. Try doing the Google.

Register to Reply
Commentator

Good Answers: 10

Re: surveilliance system

09/18/2008 4:34 PM

Do as Bill ML suggest and check out the already assembled systems. You can even go to Costco and buy security cameras that will likely do the job you need (maybe - continue reading).

Bottom line is that it takes more than just the sensor itself to get the image quality and resolution you may need and it would take too long to try to explain all of it. Since you don't seem to understand that, you do not want to be assembling and building the camera yourself. If you go with off-the-shelf systems, the manufacturer can help you get exactly what you need for the price you need (or as close as possible). You will have to be far more specific with them. For instance, what exatly do you mean with "capture human sized objects from a distance of 30 m". Do you only need to know the object is there (we see a blob) or do you need to be able to recognize that it is a human vs animal or do you need to be able to tell sex or do you need to tell if they are good looking or do you need to be able to recognize their face or do you need to be able to read the info on their clothing labels? There are a lot of levels of "capturing".

Register to Reply Good Answer (Score 2)
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be Good Answers:

These comments received enough positive ratings to make them "good answers".

Previous in Forum: PC LAN connection with DVR   Next in Forum: 6 volts too much?

Advertisement