Previous in Forum: Number and Type of Valves in Refineries   Next in Forum: CO2 Absorption Per Tree
Close
Close
Close
9 comments

Solid Edge V18 problem

11/19/2008 1:32 PM

Greetings I'm student in University of Novi Sad in Serbia. I'm using Solid Edge Academic version, and my program keeps crushing down for some reason.

This happened already once, and after I reinstall my Windows for short time it worked fine.

I was looking at log but I can't find anything that could help me solve my problems. Thank you.

************************************************************************************

Solid Edge crash occurred on 11/12/2008 at 20:21:36. The rollback event cannot allow saving of the active document because the command stack is empty.
Elapsed session time: 0:00:00:05
Cumulative session time: 0:00:00:05
Exception code: 0xc0000005 (Access violation).
Attempted to read at 0x000902d8.

Solid Edge version: 18.00.00.69
OS version: English Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.
Hyperthreading disabled
Number logical processors: 1620959384
Number cores per processor: 1

Video adapter information:
Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5100 , GeForce FX Go5100
ChipSet: GeForce FX Go5100, Integrated RAMDAC, 64 MB
Bios: [Version 4.34.20.85.08]
Display: 1024x768x32 @ 75Hz
GDI Driver: NV4_DISP.dll (6.14.10.5360)

Display preferences:

AppDisplay(GCD+),Culling(Yes,50%),DynTransition(Yes,50%),Shaded(RefPlane,Hilite),Stereo(No)

Crash ID: {19883BF8-AD17-4E98-95E3-FD4783FEA6F5}
Sold-To ID: 1135907 - CATHEDRA FOR PLASTIC
Owner: Danko Dubajic
Company: Laptop
User: Dubajic
Computer: NIKOLETINA

Critical
System DLL Version
------------ -------
ntdll.dll 5.1.2600.5512
gdi32.dll 5.1.2600.5512
ole32.dll 5.1.2600.5512
comcat.dll 5.0.2600.1
user32.dll 5.1.2600.5512
shell32.dll 6.0.2900.5512
oleaut32.dll 5.1.2600.5512
comdlg32.dll 6.0.2900.5512
comctl32.dll 6.0.2900.5512
opengl32.dll 5.1.2600.5512
kernel32.dll 5.1.2600.5512
mfc42.dll 6.2.4131.0
msvcrt.dll 7.0.2600.5512
mfc71.dll 7.10.3077.0
msvcr71.dll 7.10.3052.4
msvcr70.dll 7.0.9466.0
NV4_DISP.dll 6.14.10.5360

Most recent command: no command executed.

Command usage sequence:
Most recent events: 0 of 32
Ord Time Event Data

Global memory utilization:
Total phys: 1023.35 MB Avail phys: 447.91 MB
Total pg file: 2.40 GB Avail pg file: 1.95 GB
Total virt: 1.99 GB Avail virt: 1.5 GB
Percent phys used: 56

Process memory utilization:
Reserved: 189.18 MB Committed: 322.06 MB Free: 1.5 GB Largest Free: 634.93 MB Free Blocks: 433

GUI handle utilization:
GDI objects in use: 448 USER objects in use: 340

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Hobbies - HAM Radio - New Member Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - New Member United States - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 22

Re: Solid Edge V18 problem

11/19/2008 2:01 PM

I don't work with Solid Edge, but I do provide installation support for a similar product.

One thing I would look at is your graphics card. I recently took a call from a client that had an NVIDIA GeForce card, and it was not supported for the program he was trying to run. The NVDIA Quattro cards were.

Search for the system requirements for Solid Edge and compare to your system.

I have posted some general tips on software installation on my blog:

http://randomcontact.blogspot.com/2008/09/installing-software.html.

In reply to #1

11/19/2008 2:11 PM

Thanks 3doug for fast response.

Problem with my grafic card is that is 5100 Go laptop grafic card, and only drivers that I have are from year 2004... I realize that could be a problem, but as I said this program worked really nice before (same installation) even worked faster then on some other PC with stronger grafic cards... I'll try with regular drivers from nvidia for 5100 card now...

Register to Reply

11/19/2008 2:02 PM

Little update on my problem:

I managed to start drawing option from the first screen, and it works fine.

I put option in window compatibility mode to 256 collors and program works OK. I tried to change grafic options in program but it still crashes with all options. My guess is that something is wrong with my graphic driver, and that is the main reason for colapsing my program. I don't know how to solve this, or make separate graphic profile in Windows to run my program with...

Register to Reply
Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - bwire Hobbies - Car Customizing - New Member

Good Answers: 96
In reply to #2

11/20/2008 1:06 AM

Find device manager, find your graphics device or anything with a yellow or red flag, exclamation mark etc.. Right clk and trouble shoot. Usually roll back driver or delete, reboot and reinstall reboot until issue is fixed.

United Kingdom - Member - Not a new member!

Good Answers: 68

11/20/2008 2:00 AM

Hello Wanderer:

I am not sure how many versions of Solid Edge there is.

I found this page which may help. It included configuring and system requirements.

System Requirements

Prior to using Solid Edge software you must know the system requirements (hardware/OS). The following details are the recommended requirements from official Solid Edge website.

The most recent release of Solid Edge has been certified to run on the following:

• Windows XP Professional┬« operating system (32 bit or 64 bit)
  • Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher

Solid Edge requires these versions (or later) to install due to system files delivered with these versions that Solid Edge relies on for proper operation.
Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for it. Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000 are unsupported operating systems. Solid Edge will not install on these operating systems. It is not recommended that you run Solid Edge on Server operating systems.
Solid Edge will not install on machines without Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. Internet Explorer is not required to be the default browser.
Solid Edge is not supported on Intel Itanium processors.

Hardware System Requirements
Recommended System Configuration:
Intel Xeon or AMD Opteron processor
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
1 GB or more RAM
True Color (32-bit) or 16 million colors (24-bit)
Screen resolution of 1280x1024

Minimum System Configuration:
Intel Pentium, Intel Xeon, AMD Athlon, or AMD Opteron
Windows XP Professional
512 MB RAM
65K colors
Minimum Resolution: 1024x768
Disk space required for installation: 1.3 GB
The 64-bit version of Solid Edge requires Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition with Intel EM64T or AMD64 processors. Beginning with Solid Edge Version 19, we deliver the product on a single DVD. For more details on this corporate-wide direction, please refer to http://support.ugs.com/DVD/.
Display System Requirements and Information
Solid Edge will run on any graphics driver that supports Windows XP. Contact your graphics driver manufacturer to determine whether their graphics adapter/driver supports this operating system.
For optimal performance, it is recommended to use a professional graphics card that is designed for CAD applications. For information about cards used in testing Solid Edge and results, refer to http://www.solidedge.com/graphics/default.htm.
Note that running with extremely high screen resolution and color depth increases the memory requirements on the system and may result in apparent performance degradation. If experienced, reconfigure the display system to the recommended resolution and color depth for improved performance.
When running Solid Edge, if you experience an abnormally high abort rate, parts disappearing, or other graphic anomalies you may not be using the appropriate graphics driver.
For more details, visit http://www.solidedge.com/graphics/driver.testing.htm

source: http://www.solidedge.com

Labels: spec., system requirements

In reply to #5

11/20/2008 8:46 AM

Thank you all for responses, I managed to fix my problem. Main issue was that my graphic drivers were bad. I found software that makes mobility drivers of regular desktop drivers downloaded from NVIDIA for my card, and now all works fine...

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #6

11/20/2008 5:39 PM

Hello Wanderer:

Pleased you over-come your driver troubles. Did you download the drivers direct from NVIDIA, because, from your explanation it sounds like you have used some kind of drivers converter? Did you go to the Solid Edge site, and was that any good?

Did you find bwire's advice helpful. If you had done that in the first place you might have fixed it sooner?

I am glad all is well anyway.

Take care................

In reply to #7

11/21/2008 4:20 AM

Hi babybear,

Yes I downloaded standard detonator from NVIDIA site that supports 5100 card.

I used Mobility Modder on that file to change inf files so detonator can find that I hace Fx Go 5100, before that installation could find my card at all.

Information from Solid Edge I could find, because I was needing some webkey, or something like that, but I'm using Academic version from my faculty thats free, and I didnt get any key that I can use to go to support page.

No bwire told me all that I know already. I'm working as PC servicer, and I know a lot of dealing with hardware and software issues...

Thank you again for your time.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #8

11/21/2008 1:50 PM

Hello Wanderer:

I really appreciate your explanation, many thanks. I am surprised you needs a key to get into edge. You were only asking about a Driver?

Anyway, thank you, OK.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

3Doug (1); babybear (3); bwire (1); Wanderer (4)

Previous in Forum: Number and Type of Valves in Refineries   Next in Forum: CO2 Absorption Per Tree
You might be interested in: Edge Trims and Trim Seals, Solid State Relays

Advertisement