Previous in Forum: Mystery Medical Equipment - What Is It?   Next in Forum: How Does a Solar Eclipse Affect Wildlife?
Close
Close
Close
6 comments

Viewing ECG Digitized Signals in PTB

12/17/2008 11:05 PM

Hello everyone. I'm Roey from M'sia. I'm doing ECG analyse by using neural network. A very helpful friend here give me this web link and I find it is very useful.

http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database/ptbdb/

http://www.physionet.org/cgi-bin/chart

It contains a lot of database and ECG chart. But the problem is the PTB ECG signals are quite blurred as all waves are stacked together. So, I wish to look on the digitized signal given in the web and hope these digitized signals contain every single wave. but i do not know how to see the digitized signals. Please help.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
United Kingdom - Member - Not a new member!

Good Answers: 68

Re: Viewing ECG Digitized Signals in PTB

12/19/2008 8:04 AM

Hello gtroey86:

It contains a lot of database and ECG chart. But the problem is the PTB ECG signals are quite blurred as all waves are stacked together.

I am surprised about what you say above. All the ECG machines I have been connected to have adjustments to split the signal, and also to only receive say, 4 out of 8? That is my understanding anyway. I do not know enough to help more, sorry.

Take care and have a wonderful holiday....................

In reply to #1

12/19/2008 9:06 AM

Erm.. Actually, I never see the real ECG machine output. I only depends on the ECG charts given by the MIT webpage. It contains all 12 leads ECG signal and 3 leads vx, vy and vz. They are seperated but some of the ECG complexes like R waves are stacked with anothers lead's wave. (in PTB database)

Thanks for your wishes. Same to you. Take care. :)

Register to Reply

In reply to #2

12/19/2008 8:32 PM

Problems solved.. Thanks you.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #3

12/19/2008 11:27 PM

Hello gtroey86:

How did you solve this problem. Letting others know how you managed your problem with help them in turn!

Take care and have a wonderful holiday.............

In reply to #4

12/21/2008 12:32 AM

Oh.. erm.. I did not notice that MIT webpage has a function call rdsamp-O-Matic. All digitized signals for every single lead is represented in rdsamp-O-Matic. So, in order to see a single lead waveform, I just copy one of the lead's data(eg. lead II) from rdsamp-O-matic and plot it by using matlab. Viewing ECG signals in Chart-O-Matic is a little bit hard because it mix all the waveform together. I found this solution in the "FAQ" at the physiobank.

Register to Reply
Guru

In reply to #5

12/21/2008 3:24 PM

Hello gtroey86:

I have not used that site before but, have used similar chart sites and they are all pretty much designed along the same lines.

I thought I would not get in touch for a few days and by then you may have sorted out how to use the site!

Take care, and have a wonderful holiday................

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Mystery Medical Equipment - What Is It?   Next in Forum: How Does a Solar Eclipse Affect Wildlife?

Advertisement