Previous in Forum: Steam Pipes - Allowable Corrosion   Next in Forum: The Race to Zero Point and Free Energy (Documentary)
Close
Close
Close
3 comments

Hydraulic Valve Temperature Controllers?

01/22/2009 11:10 AM

I have a Hydraulic control block that has a few circuits that operate various motors and items.

I am looking for a one or two stage controller that will cycle a circuit on an Air temperature or remote sensor temperature of 32F -39F.

The circuit will be moving approx 12gpm at 3000psi

I want the controller to be totally hydraulic and no electrics.

Has anyone heard of something like this?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 182

Re: Hydraulic Valve Temperature Controllers?

01/23/2009 5:04 AM

No, but I can make one for you if you have the budget for it. For further details pls use PM channel.

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 9

01/23/2009 2:20 PM

What you are looking for is a temperature activated modulating valve. I have used these in the past and with success.

If that doesn't get it, try Googling "temperature activated modulating valve."

Good Answers: 10

01/23/2009 4:26 PM

I've designed some simple hydraulic circuits with hydraulic controls. However they were not pretty since the plumbing was not easy. A manifold would be best after a working circuit is tested.

Vickers makes D01 size 4-way pilot operated and cam operated valves that could be used to shift larger hydraulic pilot operated valves to run the actuators.

This kind of control is regularly done in Pneumatic circuits using miniature valves called Air Logic as the control circuit. These controls include everything electrical has except indicator lights that you can see in the dark. I've designed circuits with Air Logic that controlled air pilot operated hydraulc valves to do work in Explosion Hazard environments. However,the air controls can have problems if they must operate in below freezing temperature. Using a Deliquiescent Air Dryer to lower the Compressed Air Dewpoint below the mininmum temperature of he atmosphere thecontrols are working in eliminates this problem.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

BudT (1); nick name (1); The Commoner (1)

Previous in Forum: Steam Pipes - Allowable Corrosion   Next in Forum: The Race to Zero Point and Free Energy (Documentary)
You might be interested in: Hydraulic Repair Services, Hydraulic Cylinders

Advertisement