Previous in Forum: Cooling Tower Capacity   Next in Forum: Planetary Gear Tooth Count
Close
Close
Close
2 comments
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - BSME Clarkson University 1992 Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - BSME Clarkson University 1992 Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - DataRock 1.0

Good Answers: 3

Arctic Submarine Laboratory - Public Invited to Last Library Presentation

02/22/2010 9:23 AM

Folks,

This is the last Public Library presentation for my talk called "The Arctic Submarine Laboratory". It is at the East Greenbush Library on Sunday, February 28th at 2:00 pm.

The synopsis of the talk is provided as follows:

The Arctic Submarine Laboratory pioneered scientific exploration of the Arctic Ocean Basin to enable United States submarine operations under the ice canopy. The evolution of the Laboratory from its origins in World War 2 through the present day is chronicled through some of the unique submarine operations it sponsored. In the early days the missions were limited by the undersea endurance of the post World War 2 diesel electric boats. That changed with the advent of nuclear power. Ride with the scientists and engineers on voyages aboard nuclear submarines as they sail through the Northwest Passage and explore the Siberian continental shelf off the northern coast of Asia. The talk also highlights how the Arctic Submarine Laboratory and the US Navy collaborated with civilian scientists in support of Arctic climate change studies during the 1990's.

If you'd like this presentation for your group, club or organization, contact me. I do the talk with no fee involved and I have my own equipment to display it. It's about an hour long.

Ray Misiewicz

Poster's Note: Please contact Larry (april05) via CR4's private message system for Ray's contact information.

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member

Good Answers: 83

Re: "Arctic Submarine Laboratory" - Public Invited to Last Library Presentation

02/22/2010 9:40 AM

I'll be sorry to miss this; sounds great. I assumed the place is upstate NY and looked it up in case others want to find it: East Greenbush Library.

Register to Reply
Power-User
Engineering Fields - Mechanical Engineering - BSME Clarkson University 1992 Engineering Fields - Software Engineering - BSME Clarkson University 1992 Fans of Old Computers - TRS-80 - DataRock 1.0

Good Answers: 3
In reply to #1

Re: "Arctic Submarine Laboratory" - Public Invited to Last Library Presentation

02/22/2010 11:46 AM

Hi Sue - Many thanks for your kind comment - will pass it onto Ray. Thanks for spotting that - your assumption is right: The East Greenbush public library is located in Rensselaer County, upstate New York, not far from Albany. Apologies to all for the omission. - Larry

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 2 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: Cooling Tower Capacity   Next in Forum: Planetary Gear Tooth Count

Advertisement