Previous in Forum: Need Help With Emachine T1115I   Next in Forum: Looking for a Reminder/Alarm Which Prompts Me When I Turn Off PC
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 145

Mozilla Firefox V3.x &Engineering Toolbar Compatibility

04/06/2010 9:43 PM

This may not be the right place but I'm sure that a Moderator will notify me accordingly.

I like using the Engineering Toolbar a lot, so it pained me when Firefox updated and then told me that the Engineering Toolbar was not supported. I prefer to use Firefox over MS Internet Exploder as I have computers that use different versions of Windows and a couple that use Ubuntu Linux. Having a "Browser" that I can retain my bookmarks on over different platforms and machines is very handy indeed.

My bookmarks are maintained/stored through the Xmarks utility in Firefox. I use my bookmarks for work and play.

So losing access to the Engineering Toolbar has been a tad painful, yes I can use IE when I'm on a Windows PC and yes I could run both concurrently except when I'm using Ubuntu.

What I'd like to know, is there some work being done to "upgrade" the Engineering Toolbar to work with Firefox again?

Or are there other issues involved?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Panama - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Engineering Fields - Marine Engineering - New Member Engineering Fields - Retired Engineers / Mentors - New Member

Good Answers: 213

Re: Mozilla Firefox V3.x &Engineering Toolbar Compatibility

04/08/2010 12:33 AM

I am running Firefox 3.0.18 on Ubuntu 8.04, 9.04 and 9.10, all three of which have the Engineering Toolbar installed and functioning. I don't recall having had to do anything exotic to get the Engineering Toolbar running on any of my installations. To be honest, the Engineering Toolbar is the only thing that keeps me from going to Chrome these days- Chrome seems so much faster than Firefox, but I haven't been able to get the toolbar working in Chrome...

Register to Reply
Power-User

Good Answers: 5
In reply to #1

04/08/2010 3:25 AM

Well I am on dial-up- Mozilla Firefox has been great till they introduced ASK!!- I don't use-slow as buggry!!. I use Google- fast on Firefox. Chrome?- forget it!!- slower than buggry!!. The engineering toolbar?- I had it on my 98SE comp.- with this XP comp I just don,t need it or miss it.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 145

04/08/2010 1:00 AM

I'm Using Firefox 3.6.x on my windows machines. My Ubuntu machine is still on 2.x as its Ubuntu 7.. Tried 8 and 9 but can't get the proper video resolution for my laptop.

Its when you update from Firefox 3.0 then you will get the Engineering Toolbar compatability issues.

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

cwarner7_11 (1); Neil Kwyrer (1); Tobugrynbak (1)

Previous in Forum: Need Help With Emachine T1115I   Next in Forum: Looking for a Reminder/Alarm Which Prompts Me When I Turn Off PC

Advertisement