Previous in Forum: USB Testing Software   Next in Forum: Sound as a Source of Energy
Close
Close
Close
21 comments
Anonymous Poster

C Programming

03/13/2007 6:02 AM

I am 20 year old meal from balgum I am doing my b.e(computer science). I want to know that tha how to takal the quastion on c .plz healp me to find the solution in c

1. how to go for a problame in c
  2. what is a main thing for that we have to take care
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru

Good Answers: 88

Re: C Programming

03/13/2007 11:21 PM

Do you have a specific problem you wish to solve using the 'c' language?

-e

Anonymous Poster

03/14/2007 1:06 AM

Are you talking about C++ or C sharp? C++ is a low level language and C sharp is a medium and a high level language. In C++ you tell the computer what to do and how to do it. In C sharp you tell the computer what to do, it already knows how to do it. In C++ you deal with funtions. In C sharp you deal with objects.

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #2

03/14/2007 7:37 AM

The entire text of this thread's original post refers exclusively to the 'C' language. How we got onto the subject of C++ or C# is anyone's guess.

-e

Guru

In reply to #2

03/14/2007 7:53 AM

In C++ you deal with funtions. In C sharp you deal with objects.

-----

BZZZZZT!

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #2

03/14/2007 3:22 PM

All C are not low level. Machine code and assemble are low level.

C++ can be object oriented depends on which compiler you use. You need to build the objects or use someone else library.

Guru

In reply to #11

03/14/2007 6:05 PM

Guest (one of many) writes: "C++ can be object oriented depends on which compiler you use."

-----

Not quite. A particular implementation written in C++ can be object-oriented - or not - depending on the programmer's design choices. C++' "object-orientedness" has nothing at all to do with which compiler is used. Either the compiler conforms to the C++ language definition, or it's not a C++ compiler.

-----

Guest further writes: "You need to build the objects or use someone else library."

-----

Or both. Or neither.

-e

Guru
Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member

Good Answers: 97

03/14/2007 3:54 AM

To solve any problem you must:

Understand the problem.

envisage solutions.

etc.

The final step (almost final - except debugging and improving) is to code it using

C++ etc for a PC to execute.

Your main problem would be for somebody to commission you with a problem.

If your question is how to answer an examination paper - Study - study - study (By reproducing the study material your grades should be great)

In reply to #3

03/14/2007 7:59 AM

Would someone please point out to me where, exactly, does the original poster refer to C++ or to C# even once in his/her post or in the thread's Title? This O.P. is quite obviously at Step 0. Does our introducing C's derivatives/successors at this point help at all? Then why are we doing it?

-e

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #6

03/14/2007 1:10 PM

We're doing it because we want them to understand the differences. Even though they're green, it doesn't hurt to give a little bit of understanding...chances are they will eventually do C++ or C sharp in the future. It's just like explaining the differences between Linux and Microsoft. Even though Microsoft used most by people and cost $199.00 to $299.00 to up grade...Linux offers a whole lot more, plus it's free.

Guru

In reply to #7

03/14/2007 2:00 PM

I think the O.P. is at Square One. If so, I'd say understanding the differences between C and C++ (and MicroSoft's Java rip-off, C#) is something of a moot point, primarily because if one doesn't know what something is, one cannot tell how that something differs from something else it is related to but is not.

As an example, let's say I'm visiting Belgium for the first time and I'm staying with a good friend in Brugge. It would only serve to cause me confusion if, when I ask my friend about Brugge, she describes Brugge in terms of Hasselt, a city I also know nothing about. Do you see the problem?

But once I'm comfortable and can find my way around Brugge, know a few traffic laws and customs, and so forth, I might lease an auto and feel comfortable driving to Hasselt. C++ programs contain a great deal of what might be described as plain vanilla 'C,' just as Calculus is mostly algebra. If one doesn't know algebra, it won't help much if one is given a Calculus book to study.

This, I believe, is the position in which our Original Poster finds him/herself. I say let's answer the O.P.'s questions, not our own. Deal?

-e

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #7

03/14/2007 2:07 PM

There is alot of useful information about C at: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

I'm with europium on this one! No one asked about C++, C#, or VB for that matter. He asked about C!

Guru

In reply to #7

03/14/2007 2:15 PM

Guest writes: "Linux offers a whole lot more, plus it's free."

-----

I might point out that Linux's 2-million-plus lines of source code are written in C, not C++ and definitely not in C#.

-e

In reply to #10

03/14/2007 3:42 PM

If your new to programming in general, a good rule would be to keep everything tabbed, in C your going to be using a lot of the same functions all nested inside each other, just the same as PIC assembler code ect.

{

so if you

.......can keep everything tabbed

...............your be able to read it all a lot

.....................easier

}

/*also use a lot of comments lines, one for orginasition, or even just to section off code so you can troubleshoot code a lot easier*/

and it worked for me a lot, but play around with the functions, create seperate programs for each function so you can easily refer back to old programs and check code, ect.

Good luck on your course.

Guru

In reply to #12

03/14/2007 4:01 PM

Lachine,

Thanks for the good advice, and be sure to use spaces and not tabs in your source code (set your editor to expand tabs as spaces), as different editors - you may not be the only one editing your code someday - interpret tabs differently.

And speaking of editors, I highly recommend emacs.

I do believe your reply was meant not for me, but for the Originator of this thread, at which point I'll advise Originator: "please take note."

-e

Guru
Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member United Kingdom - Member - New Member

Good Answers: 662
In reply to #12

05/17/2007 10:01 AM

# error main.c missing ;

Popular Science - Biology - New Member Hobbies - Musician - New Member APIX Pilot Plant Design Project - Member - New Member Hobbies - CNC - New Member Fans of Old Computers - ZX-81 - New Member

Good Answers: 97
In reply to #6

03/15/2007 9:03 AM

Yes i picked up the ++ somewhere on the way down. and remembering the psz assume C++.

Him or her being a student must have sufficient material available on C or whatever.

His problem must therefore be that he realize that C alone won't enable him to solve problems and that additional knowledge is needed.

Students must acquire skills but should not be on drip feed.

In reply to #15

03/15/2007 9:28 AM

I agree. Here's one for our poster: write a small C program to calculate and print your average grade per course for the quarter/semester, based on points assigned for homework, tests, and finals, and the grades of each.

Bonus point: Write your program so that it saves this information to a file. That way, when you wish to re-calculate your average based on a latest score, you won't have to re-enter all your grades and points each time.

-e

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #16

03/15/2007 6:50 PM

Been there done that.

Guru

In reply to #17

03/15/2007 11:14 PM

Speaking to Original Poster. Are you Original Poster?

-e

Active Contributor

03/27/2007 12:49 PM

to get out of school

look at your curriculum -got any links?

programming takes practice at specific areas;can you list what youve done?

done any..

matrix math

random numbers

queues

graphics

mathematical functions

what is the name of the book your using?

why are you studying comp sci?

do you want to write some type of scientific app?

-discrete math helps

-numerical analysis helps for scientific programming

Find and read

donald knuths books or pdfs

Anonymous Poster
In reply to #19

04/05/2007 10:09 AM

Find some interesting history of C programming & ask ur questions,queries ,anything abt C programming at http://cprogramming4u.blogspot.com/

Reply to Forum Thread 21 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (7); Del the cat (1); EngX (1); Hendrik (2); Lachine (1); user-deleted-13 (9)

Previous in Forum: USB Testing Software   Next in Forum: Sound as a Source of Energy

Advertisement