Previous in Forum: 40W / 110V Copper Choke   Next in Forum: Whether ELCB is Required or Not
Close
Close
Close
3 comments
Active Contributor

600VA Invertor Consuming Lot of Current

11/06/2010 12:04 PM

I have a 600VA invertor which is found to be consuming a lot of electricity at my home. It is connected to a 150Ah tubular battery. But the electricity meter keeps reading always when the supply is provided to the invertor even if no charging indication is seen there. Why is this so? How can I find a solution for this excess consumption of current? Why is the invertor pulling current even if it is not in the charging state? - Location: INDIA.

Register to Reply
Pathfinder Tags: charge current Invertor meter
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Anonymous Poster

Re: 600VA Invertor Consuming Lot of Current

11/06/2010 1:59 PM

Well Raj are you talking about UPS for your personal computer,with a power factor of 0.6? The power consumed by the load is measured with an energymeter not electricity meter. Please note that the inverter is not connected to load/PC else your question become irrelevant. If possible provide more informations like how much KWh consumed...etc. Chindiku tintumone

Register to Reply
Anonymous Poster
In reply to #1

11/06/2010 2:45 PM

kollaam chetta....tintumone kalaki....

Register to Reply
Power-User

Location: The cigarette-stained drunkard living in the cardboard box outside Marks & Sparks delivery entrance, Eastgate Shopping Centre, Basildon.
In reply to #2

11/08/2010 9:16 AM

Yeah. And the same to you with knobs on. <Splutter, cough>

Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Previous in Forum: 40W / 110V Copper Choke   Next in Forum: Whether ELCB is Required or Not

Advertisement