Previous in Forum: Stern Tube Oil   Next in Forum: Different Types of Fans
Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Participant

Camera Issue

01/28/2011 9:02 AM

I have a Kodak Easy Share Z710. When I take a picture & review it, the picture looks like a mini blind. Is this something that can be fixed?

Register to Reply
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Guru
Engineering Fields - Instrumentation Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 28

Re: Camera Issue

01/28/2011 9:32 AM

Twist the little rod on the left side of the blind to open them up.

United Kingdom - Member - Indeterminate Engineering Fields - Control Engineering - New Member

Location: In the bothy, 7 chains down the line from Dodman's Lane level crossing, in the nation formerly known as Great Britain. Kettle's on.
Good Answers: 819
In reply to #1

01/28/2011 11:12 AM

01/28/2011 12:37 PM

It could be quite serious (bad image sensor) or it could be as minor as some feature I'm not familar with being accidentally turned on.

Go to Kodak's support site. There you can chat online with a support team member, who will hopefully be able to assist you.

http://support.en.kodak.com/

If all else fails, they've got a firmware update on that website along with instructions on how to load it. (And in case you don't know, firmware is the program the factory loads into the IC that's inside your camera which makes it work.) You could try installing that firmware in the hopes that it resets something that's gone wonky in the firmware already in the camera. Even if you do it wrong somehow, worst case is you screw up the camera - which is what you've got now anyway.

Register to Reply
Guru

Good Answers: 33

01/30/2011 12:47 AM

When you download the photos to your computer (or print them), do they appear normal? If yes, then the camera's LCD display is likely defective. If the photos also show the lines, then the imaging sensor is probably defective. Either way, repairs will probably cost more than the replacement price for the camera.

Register to Reply Score 1 for Good Answer
Register to Reply 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.

Comments rated to be "almost" Good Answers:

Check out these comments that don't yet have enough votes to be "official" good answers and, if you agree with them, rate them!
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Poster (1); pantaz (1); PWSlack (1); RDGRNR (1)

Previous in Forum: Stern Tube Oil   Next in Forum: Different Types of Fans

Advertisement