Close
Close
Close
4 comments
Guru

Good Answers: 253

CMBR

05/22/2011 2:08 PM

Why are there concentric circles in the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation?

this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Guru
Technical Fields - Technical Writing - New Member Engineering Fields - Piping Design Engineering - New Member

Good Answers: 783

Re: CMBR

05/22/2011 8:08 PM

Because overlapping non-concentric circles would just be too weird?

Engineering Fields - Optical Engineering - Member Engineering Fields - Engineering Physics - Member Engineering Fields - Systems Engineering - Member

Good Answers: 646

05/22/2011 10:10 PM

I've seen the graphs of the CMBR but haven't noticed the concentric circles you are talking about.

Can you post the graph where you noticed these circles?

Good Answers: 253
In reply to #2

05/22/2011 10:40 PM

Here is a link for more info:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1011.3706

Popular Science - Evolution - New Member Popular Science - Weaponology - New Member

Good Answers: 918

05/23/2011 11:10 PM

In the standard model the variations in the CMBR are claimed to be due to quantum fluctuations at the time of the Big Bang. Penrose claims there is some significance in the data from WMAP that shows concentric circles in the CMBR, which are an artifact from before the Big Bang.

Penrose postulates that bosons can freely cross the barriers between aeons (between cyclic big bangs), but fermions are limited to the aeon that they exist in.

If I am reading his claim correctly, the bosons from a previous aeon are responsible for creating the concentric circles, but I am not sure of the details why. So, the concentric circles in the CMBR are said to be an artifact of the bosons from previous aeons.

This theory has seemed to fall off the map after December 2010. I have not seen any chatter about it since and I don't see the explanation (at least one I can understand) of how one aeon leads to the next.

Register to Reply
Register to Reply 4 comments
Interested in this topic? By joining CR4 you can "subscribe" to
this discussion and receive notification when new comments are added.
Copy to Clipboard

Users who posted comments:

Anonymous Hero (1); HiTekRedNek (1); Tornado (1); Usbport (1)

Previous in Forum: Photography Paradox   Next in Forum: Reverse Evolution

Advertisement